Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wiring harness in good shape from a 74-77 FJ40 they want to sell? I am sick of the horrible wiring in the 67 FJ45 and need to upgrade...

-Brett

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I've got a beat up one from a (I think) 77 that I'll give ya....includes fuse block and the majority of the connector items....

Better look...might be a 74...either way, I think it uses the round plug on the back of the gauge cluster....

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. It is going to get chopped up to accomodate the old switches etc, but I want a newer fuse block and instrument cluster and the V8... as long as it is for the amber turnsignal vintage cruisers I can work with it...

-Brett

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I'l dig it out either tonight or this weekend....know right where it's stored at too (rare for me...lol) Got a whole crate full of electrical-only stuff....

Since I switched to the custom gauge setup, I should also have a cluster or three laying around...any preference for the # of miles? lol

And you want the turn signals that are incorporated IN the cluster right?

damn...garage cleaning...the missus will be impressed!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have clusters too? Milage not an issue, maybe the one in the best cosmetic shape with round plug on the back? Not to be a "chooser"....;)
Not in a rush, gotta finish the FJ40 first, but I need to assemble the parts soon.

Glad to hear the EPROM I burnt worked well!!! I am no longer holding my breath on that one.

-Brett

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
truck is sitting outside now for the rest of the season...moved it in the garage last night for some little stuff....10 degrees, hit the key, started instantly....

oh, what a feeling!

Cosmetically, they are all the same...the one I just removed for this swap is 100% working, tho the speedo hasn't been hooked for 4-5 years.....IIRC, 79k on it.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts