Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 87 4runner with a bad turbo engine and I was going to swap a 5vzfe and R150f into it but I found some other damage and feel like I need to find a different vehicle for that project. I already parted out the turbo engine. I just want to find another 4 cylinder engine and run it!

What I need to get this runner on the road again

22RE complete with intake/exhaust manifolds, p/s pump, a/c bracket, starter, alt, wire harness and ECU. Air flow meter with air box and ducting. coil/ignitor, flywheel, radiator and exhaust system.

Need a W56 with transfer case. Could use rubber shift boot and plastic console that covers it (gray)

I have lots of parts to trade if interested. 3.0 engine and parts engine. lots of 4runner parts

I'm in Southern California but am willing to drive to pickup parts. I have cash and need parts AsAP. Please be reasonably priced

Can contact email or phone
[email protected]
cell (310) 989-3096

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I have a tranny and tcase out of a 84, not sure if it is a W series. (I dont know toys that well)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the offer! I really prefer to get the W56

Are all 22R's mated to G series trannys?

:smokin:

Oh yeah, I have a cool engine hoist that folds up and I don't mind pulling parts. as long as you drink beer with me while I'm wrenchin :grinpimp:

One for the road!! haha

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try Bernies, they are located just south of L.A. in Wilmington.
Lots of toy stuff
310 518 2685

I have a console, but I don't have the front part that goes around the shifters in blue, PM me if you want to check it out.

Matt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matt lytle said:
Try Bernies, they are located just south of L.A. in Wilmington.
Lots of toy stuff
310 518 2685

I have a console, but I don't have the front part that goes around the shifters in blue, PM me if you want to check it out.

Matt
Thanks Matt, I talked to Bernie Jr. Yesterday and they Didn't have everything. Their prices are pretty good . . . For a recycler.

I'm still trying to buy the engine & Transmission from the same place - I found the parts I need on opposite ends of the state :mad3:

some dude on another board said he would trade me a high mileage 22RE and W56 for a R151F with transfer AND $800 :shaking: WTF!!

ANYONE?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
22re

does the engine have to run or is a builder ok? i have one out of a 85 yota with a rod knock. you can have everything but the tank for $250 bucks. if your interested pm me.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I have an R151F turbo tranny for $650 delivered :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Foxfab said:
I have an R151F turbo tranny for $650 delivered :D
This is a rare Transmission and worth some serious buck$ IMHO, it's worth more than a running 22RE and W56 combined

Either I put a 3.4 in the truck and use the R150F I already have or find a used 22RE and W56 to match. Thanks for the offer tho :)

demasters said:
does the engine have to run or is a builder ok? i have one out of a 85 yota with a rod knock. you can have everything but the tank for $250 bucks. if your interested pm me.
You still have this for sale? I talked to you on the phone last week. I thought it would be sold for sure. Another guy in your general area, CDUB, has a W56 tranny I need. Kind of a long drive from Los Angeles but your prices are KILLER! my only issue is the truck I want to put this engine in is an 87 with full power package, I think the 85 engine harness has different connectors and I really want to just swap and plug it in. I may be wrong though??

·
Registered
191 Posts
Motor

I PM'ed you. I have a motor from a 88 with a bad head gasket (water in oil) but runs good no smoke. $250 + shipping from 81504. Wiring woul be Plug N Play. And I have the W56 tranny. Let me know what you think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts