Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to protect the u-joint and yoke on the vulnerable pinion end of my driveshafts. the nth degree sliders are the best solution i have seen. yes, i know that they have sold their inventory and operation to AEV. but AEV is not currently offering the sliders i need, which are for the XJ high-pinion Dana 30 and the Chrysler 8.25.

does anyone know of a vendor who might have old inventory? or better yet, does anyone have either of these to sell?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i could not find one for a 8.25, but i located one designed for a D44, and retrofitted it.

it took some fab, but much less than i expected. the 8.25 housing is somewhat larger than the D44, so we cut off the u-bolt keepers from the axle side of the slider, then welded on larger ones and moved them further apart. we then welded a spacer plate where the slider bolts to the pinion end of the diff housing to lower the slider a little to ensure that it would not contact the u-joint or the driveshaft.

the upper side of the pinion end of the diff housing on the 8.25 is designed with a large square raised formation. the supplied round u-bolt would not work, so we had a local industrial supply custom-make a square u-bolt to the exact fitment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts