Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 1/2 ton Ford axles and looking for pics of crossmembers from those that have done this radius arm setup. Got pics of forewheeler's XJ, just looking for more pics, Thanks, JUDD:)

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
If you search under my name for xj long arms or something like that you'll find my thread on my friend's crossmember he made. They're for long arms but its the same idea...he's planning on useing the same crossmember with his radius arms on his ford 44.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, looking forward to the pics...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone thought of making a subframe/crossmember/rocker skids that bolt onto the unibody and run the full length to the rear spring mounts?? Still want more pics if ya got'em!
Thanks, JUDD

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
maybe friday I woke up sick wont be going to work, I used 1/4" angle iron to strengthen up the frame the whole length underneath my mounting cross member. which will tie into the new rockers when I get around to making them>

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GPN, did you weld on the 1/4" or did you bolt it on? I suck and cannot weld yet, so I'm hoping lotsa bolts and supports will do the trick, can't wait to see those pics :D Judd

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
HERES ONE I DID FOR A BUDDY/CUSTOMER
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good, kinda what I had in mind but I think I will make mine wrap around the sides of the unibody and be longer (front to back) and then integrate rocker skids into it. Keep'em coming, thanks guys, JUDD

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey GPN, got any pics for me????????

·
Registered
824 Posts
MoabZJ said:
here is the only pic I have of mine

Cody
Is that a Heim on that front arm? Looks HUGE

And why the (what seems like) severe drop in the crossmembers?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Judd said:
Hey GPN, got any pics for me????????
mine are simular to the ones 71rckczr ryan posted except with more steel on the frame. Mine used 3x3x1/4 angle iron about 4 feet per side. I have not been to where my XJ is yet. I had to do a bunch of wrenchin on the tow rig and some last minute repairs to my wifes Wrangler as we are headed to Farmington tonight for UROC so I won't be back for a couple weeks sorry.

·
Registered
489 Posts
the crossmembers seem low, but they drop to the same level of the skidplate. It's going to put a big flat skid on the bottom to cover my t-case. I wanted them a little higher, but the result was about as high as practical.

Cody

·
Registered
308 Posts
Holy smokes mine looks really basic compared to those above. All I did was weld some 3x4x1/4" angle iron to the framerails, then welded some 2x2x1/4" to a 3x5x1/4" rectangle tubing to form a tranny Xmember and to mount the stock radius arms. (which was then bolted to the framerails) It was simple, but plenty of room for improvement. At least my Xmember can support the weight of my XJ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts