Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
PM rugburn and force him to get you one ;)

Jeasus there are a lot of requests for that bezel.

hey, can you get closer accurate pics of the text?

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Who has the CNC mill? I will right the code to make a set of dies we could just use in a hydraulic press on stock bezels. This should not be all that hard to make. It is just stamped block letters.

Mark

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I have a friend who works at a small machine shop, all they do is CNC stuff. I will ask if he's got enough pull to get it done.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
John Pardi in Placerville makes a fiberglass reproduction that is indistinguishable from the real thing until you touch it. Pretty nice!

Gozzard in Canada also makes a high quality fiberglass reproduction.

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i've seen john pardi's; they look really nice and he's a great guy. just somebody else you'll meet at the 45 run, since his daily driver for the last 10+ years is a 45 shorty.
PS: he also makes fiberglass lids for them!;)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
i have only ever seen fibreglass ones

i have an actual mirrored image for a press for one of those exact pair of wors, its made from some sort of alloy, a guy at a competition i entered a year or so goes, ahhh is that a landcruiser, and i went sure is and he goes, we made this for a such and such, its mirrored, do you want it? i went, HELL YEAH, thatd be cool :D

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
i believe calpolystud now known as gfi, has a chrome bezel with land cruiser stamped in it, and it is original, you might try pm'ing him

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Helocat, give me the plans, and i will give them to my uncle who owns a machine shop (including various, expensive, maazak mills, lathes, and whatnot). Im sure i can make it happen.

-Max

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
BJ On Roids said:
i have an actual mirrored image for a press for one of those exact pair of wors, its made from some sort of alloy, a guy at a competition i entered a year or so goes, ahhh is that a landcruiser, and i went sure is and he goes, we made this for a such and such, its mirrored, do you want it? i went, HELL YEAH, thatd be cool :D
Pics...pics...pics....Lets see it.:D

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
texican said:
Close up pix like requested
Butch
Perfect,
Rugburn was looking for closeup pics of the letters so that he could reproduce them easily.

Thanks Butch!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
hey, if anybody can get me a drawing that a machinist can use....i WILL get it made....tri county is looking for business right now--very slow.

-Max

1 - 20 of 22 Posts