Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wheelin dusy this summer ? I'm was hoping to tag along . I have a built and reliable rig .

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Remember, the trail has an August 1st opening date regardless of snow conditions because of a frog that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is true it opens on Aug 1st at the earliest and closes end of Oct. Mountain guy when does your club clear the trail(fallen trees)?

I'll be at court right on the 14th of Aug. and start on the 15th at 8am. With one other from the Placerville area. 3/4 days on the trail.

Doc/ Parker 4 wheelers

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Really??? I don't doubt you, but will call Andrew to get the scoop.
You can call the OHV manager at (559)855-5360 ext 3302. Last year I was at the trailhead about July 10th, and a group from Sacramento showed up not knowing it wasn't open yet. They were all out of their rigs looking for a way around the gate. I told them doing that would make us all look bad and convinced them to go to the Swamp Lake trail instead. It didn't take much persuading, they wanted to do the right thing and appreciated the option.

·
flamethrower
12,604 Posts
You can call the OHV manager at (559)855-5360 ext 3302. Last year I was at the trailhead about July 10th, and a group from Sacramento showed up not knowing it wasn't open yet. They were all out of their rigs looking for a way around the gate. I told them doing that would make us all look bad and convinced them to go to the Swamp Lake trail instead. It didn't take much persuading, they wanted to do the right thing and appreciated the option.
Is Anthony still the OHV guy? ( I said Andrew in my previous post) if it is I still have his # and e-mail.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A friend and I are heading to dusy early sept. 2 ifs tacomas on 35 and 37s. Joins us if you want
Cool thanks . If the dates work out I will . I was up there a couple of years ago and been wanting to go back .

·
flamethrower
12,604 Posts
Thanks - he got back to me this AM - he said the opening date is now a fixed date per the ROD in Travel Management, and has been since March 2010.

August 1 the Dusy opens, every year.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Actually, the first year we couldn't get it open by August 1st because of too much snow. It opened August 19th.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thanks - he got back to me this AM - he said the opening date is now a fixed date per the ROD in Travel Management, and has been since March 2010.

August 1 the Dusy opens, every year.
Insanity on the part of the FS for bowing down to the econazis :mad3:

The trail should open when conditions allow...same as the rest of the Shaver area routes, period. If the Nazis are worried about some non-existing frog in some creek we can build a bridge over the water way just like the one over Dusy Ck at the end of Courtright.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone going to dusy Labor Day weekend ?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Bebe and Rick should go down with you, I hear his new rig is pretty nice. I know if you give Rick beer he will follow you anywhere.:laughing:

·
flamethrower
12,604 Posts
Bebe and Rick should go down with you, I hear his new rig is pretty nice. I know if you give Rick beer he will follow you anywhere.:laughing:
LOL while it's true about Rick and Beer - the rig was sold. But we have more!! :laughing:

Labor day weekend we are headed to Bodie.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HaHa . We were talking about going to bodie too. Cool rapier46 ! You can run drag for us!!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts