Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Finished up welding the back. Also cut out the rear fender tubs and set the body on the frame to check clearances. Picture is with the tire at full stuff. I think I’m going to cut it just under the body line.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Finished up welding the back. Also cut out the rear fender tubs and set the body on the frame to check clearances. Picture is with the tire at full stuff. I think I’m going to cut it just under the body line.

I've been waiting to see what you did with the rear fenders. I'm thinking of doing the same on mine. I hate to cut the body on a perfect wagon like mine, but I don't want it to be a monster truck like most of these when they don't cut the fenders.

I'd like to keep the ribs intact. Maybe cut them out complete, take out a section in the middle, then put them back in after the fender opening is done. If that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I'd like to keep the ribs intact. Maybe cut them out complete, take out a section in the middle, then put them back in after the fender opening is done. If that makes sense.
I like that idea and move the fuel fill back at the same time.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I've been waiting to see what you did with the rear fenders. I'm thinking of doing the same on mine. I hate to cut the body on a perfect wagon like mine, but I don't want it to be a monster truck like most of these when they don't cut the fenders.

Are you talking about the flares? If so I may have a set, once I actually get to work on my 52. I plan on stretching the wheelbase as far as I can. So will be totally removing the stock wheel well opening.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

I’m building some tube fenders that will stick out from the body about 3”. I have a plan, we’ll see how it works out.

I like that idea and move the fuel fill back at the same time.
Moving the fuel filler back 2-3” is in the plans too.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Are you talking about the flares? If so I may have a set, once I actually get to work on my 52. I plan on stretching the wheelbase as far as I can. So will be totally removing the stock wheel well opening.
No, the lower body ribs. I'm planning on tube fenders like War Pig.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I may have them also. I can let you know what I end up with once I get my ass moving on mine.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Got the body up on some sawhorses and the floors all cut out in front and cleaned up. Rear inner fenders are gone too. Time for new sheet metal.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Floors are looking good!!

I had a rendering done of my wagon to see what it might look like with some of my ideas. The rear fenders are my primary concern, feel free to print this out and tape it to your Willys. :grinpimp:

61 - 80 of 104 Posts