Pirate 4x4 banner

721 - 740 of 901 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Dang, nice to see so much progress.

I found with those tank coats you just need to let them sit a long time before adding fuel. I recommend putting the tank outside on sunny days, as that seems to get the fresh paint smell gone faster. It's like the chem's are trapped inside the tank and are slowing down the drying process.

Edit: Officer that's the red tank coat your seeing. I'm not running offroad diesel:p

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
Dang, nice to see so much progress.

I found with those tank coats you just need to let them sit a long time before adding fuel. I recommend putting the tank outside on sunny days, as that seems to get the fresh paint smell gone faster. It's like the chem's are trapped inside the tank and are slowing down the drying process.

Edit: Officer that's the red tank coat your seeing. I'm not running offroad diesel:p
Ha, I may tell the officer " yes it's red and I made it myself." :D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
I have done a bit more and need to post some pics but that has been tough. I used a 40mm ammo can for my console. the lid was not hinged so I made a change to it and made the whole can swing up and out of the way to shift the T case. The dash is almost done and the 7" touch screen is in. Front shocks are mounted . I made a brackit of the spring plate. With the scout II box and rear steer the space was limited.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like a lot of progress since I last saw it. I'll have to swing by some time soon and check it out. By the way did you get the reg stuff taken care of?

·
Registered
101 Posts
You hooked up your power steering yet? From the pump to the box? Looking at mine and trying to formulate a plan. Thinking hard lines along the back of the front cross member.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah going to have a lot there already with the radiator and change air cooler. I really don't see a better way though, wish the power steering pump and the AC compressor on these motors where switched. As they sit I am gonna have to run lines across for both to get everything to work. Will be a lot of hard lines back and forth once the brake lines get added too.

721 - 740 of 901 Posts