Pirate 4x4 banner

841 - 860 of 901 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #843
Thanks sheepdawg. I can't wait to get out in it again. So I did get my buddy a new trailer to replace the one that was stolen. Tiny at B&D, made me a great deal on both. I got a BigTex 14GN. And I found a used camper to put up front and room on the back for the War Pony. Should work out well. The camper is well used but it all works. This gets my wife to the trail. IE shower,toilet, bed etc. I will take some pics so someone can tell me to post in tow rigs. :D

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
Yeah once you get some proper mounts/tiedowns/storage boxes mounted up. :grinpimp:

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
Hey Dan, glad to see War Pony out in the wild after all your hard work :beer:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Favorite Scout of all time

I have a friend that has owned about 6 different scouts over the last 20 + years. He wheels like crazy and swears by them. He actually got me into scouts a couple of years back. I printed out a picture of the war pony and he and I now have our favorite scout of all time. I like your rig so much, I have a picture of it on the lid of my tool chest. It is right there with the naked chick photos and snap on calendar girls.:D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I need to learn more about where my tires are, the hood as you know is a gigantic blind spot.
I know what you mean. I have an air vent on the passenger side kick panel. At some point the inner fender got munched and now I can see day light out that side. Comes in hand when you need to know how close that tire is to a big rock

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #854
I have a friend that has owned about 6 different scouts over the last 20 + years. He wheels like crazy and swears by them. He actually got me into scouts a couple of years back. I printed out a picture of the war pony and he and now have out favorite scout of all time. I like your rig so much, I have a picture of it on the lid of my tool chest. It is right there with the naked chick photos and snap on calendar girls.:D
Thank you for the nice words. Sounds like the War pony is sitting in a nice spot. I usually save that spot for more naked chick's.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #855
I know what you mean. I have an air vent on the passenger side kick panel. At some point the inner fender got munched and now I can see day light out that side. Comes in hand when you need to know how close that tire is to a big rock
Hey Craig. I am thinking about a forward looking camera. I plan to put one in the back. Perhaps a camera on a magnet. This way I could put it in an area that makes that noise you can't find except when you are on a trail.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #856
Got a little bit done on the rig today. I eliminated 4 zip ties holding some things in place. I got the axle vents mounted on the fire wall and built upper radiator mounts. I used some 1/8" X2" flatbar with a couple of Ford upper radiator rubbers. Works well just need to paint.

Attachments

841 - 860 of 901 Posts