Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 901 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes, I had another scout that I took the rear qtr panels off of. The old ones were way to dented to try and straighten. I did make it easier to cut and narrow the rear though. If you have any questions Dan, feel free to ask. If you're up this way, your more than welcome to come by and take a look at it. Doug http://sonic.net/~rgmadm/winecountryrockcrawlers.org/index.php?option=com_copperminevis&Itemid=43&place=displayimage&album=71&pos=74
http://sonic.net/~rgmadm/winecountryrockcrawlers.org/index.php?option=com_copperminevis&Itemid=43&place=displayimage&album=71&pos=72

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
go to a buddies shop to help him wrench and all he's got is a claw hammer and a crescent wrench..............:)

little inside joke.....

anyway, wish we could do a photoshop on that idea dan. i still think you should just cut m hi n tight,....... :)

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,981 Posts
war pony, The front bumper could be trimmed down some more...it's kinda out of proportion now that the front is even smaller.
What's in store for the rest of the drivetrain?
That engine bay is pretty cramped to start off with. Inquiring minds want to know... :evil:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Hey guidolyons, Yes the bumper needs to be cut back now. I was waiting to dove tail to see how much, thats why the ends are not caped yet. I need to get some more "shop credits" to get out and work on it again. Its my wifes B D month, so I need to be carefull not to seem to into my fun .... ya know. The eng. I plan to use is 4bd2 Isuzu. The same as the YJ guy, I think I saw you pop in on that thread. axles Dana 60 front Dana 70 rear and thinking about 700r4 trans. I have been watching his build because of that motor.Mine is still in the truck . Its all about time. Gota find some of that:p

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,981 Posts
Hey guidolyons, Yes the bumper needs to be cut back now. I was waiting to dove tail to see how much, thats why the ends are not caped yet. I need to get some more "shop credits" to get out and work on it again. Its my wifes B D month, so I need to be carefull not to seem to into my fun .... ya know. The eng. I plan to use is 4bd2 Isuzu. The same as the YJ guy, I think I saw you pop in on that thread. axles Dana 60 front Dana 70 rear and thinking about 700r4 trans. I have been watching his build because of that motor.Mine is still in the truck . Its all about time. Gota find some of that:p
Yeah I've been following along on the Izuzu NPR 4BD2 jeep swap...just taking notes for now.

Yeah... I know what you mean about no time/no money/shop credit :( Gotta make momma happy, 'cause if momma ain't happy....nobody's happy.:evil:

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Diesel, sounds cool. Your build is looking good too:smokin:.
That's my Scout II above, that Glen snap a photo of..

For bare metal, use some epoxy primer. I use Lesonal brand as that's what they sell at the auto paint store. It's white. sticks real good. I just used some this weekend on my top, can't tell in the pic, but it's topless.

Craig

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Nice work just trim that bumper down some and you'll be good 2 go :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Looks good lets see it with the tire in there :smokin:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
ic ic............

I took me some time, but I was able to get the other side to match on mine :beer:

81 - 100 of 901 Posts