Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 901 Posts

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
I think the '74 you have will be fine, I used one from an '87 Chebby. I don't think there is that much difference. Had to enlarge the hole in the dash just a bit ~1/8".

Not finished yet, though:

DSC02218.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
*edit...not much difference length wise, rag joint spline count is different. Steering column end should be the same 1"-48spl

Depends on the spline count of the steering box you are using. I'm using all the stock Chevy stuff, I got lucky, and the rag joint from the '87 steering column matched the small 30 spline on the '95 IFS PS box I'm using.

I should have some more pics later this week, I hope to get the PS conversion/GM column swap finished up. The actual GM ignition switch lands right on the firewall and might take some trimming to fit, but for now I'm keeping the dash switch. I'm not planning on using the GM ignition switch. I figure 2 ignition switches should keep would be thieves confused :laughing:

Mocha Mike swapped in a GM column in his S80 also.

What steering box are you using? Hopefully the rag joint splines match, if not, you can get the appropriately splined ujoint from Speedway motors or Summit, Jegs, etc

speedwaymotors said:
Mustang II Manual, 9/16"-26 Spline
GM Manual, Mustang II Power, 3/4"-36 Spline
Vega, Corvair GM Rack, 5/8"-36 Spline
Big GM Pre 1978, 13/16"-36 Spline
Small GM P/S 1978 & Later, 3/4"-30 Spline
Wilwood, Sweet Jaguar, MGB, 3/4"-48 Spline
Corvette, Citation Rack, 17MM DD
GM Column, 1"-48 Spline
GM Column, 1" DD
Ididit, Flaming River Column, 1" DD
910-32234_L.jpg

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
Tail light looks good.
Does the light you have do tail light, brake light, and turn all in one?
If so, just add 1 back up light on each side, if not, I would add 2 small round below it in the same center line as the brake light. 1 amber (turn) and 1 clear (back up).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
round small yellow below.. or not, either way. Your an animal man..

Did you just drill out the welds to remove those rear panels or ?
Hey brandon, yes drilled spot welds in door jam and bed rail. Bed rail ones were the hardest to find. then a vertical cut maped out on the corner. Once the Q panle was off it made it possible to get to the ones on the corner . So when you gona post pics of your house addition? I am going thrugh that too, the scout was a mind break from mine , still not done:shaking:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Any opinion on the Klune V; 4:1 / 2.7:1 Would the 4:1 be lost on an automatic trans to the point of too low?
I'm looking to put a 4.1 on mine. 2.45 first and 2.03 Dana 20 4.56 rear and 37" tires is not low enough for tough stuff. Maybe a better torque converter might help. I can always shift into 3rd:homer:

141 - 160 of 901 Posts