Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up an older warn winch, problem is one of the solenoids were screwed, and when going to lordco, they said warn discontinued the ford style solenoids, and that i would have to send the winch away to get the newer style put in, being 2 solenoids, well i picked up the 2 solenoids, but apparently wired it up wrong, looked everywhere for the newer style wiring diagram, but no luck with that.

the armature wire isn't hooked up in the pic, but hooking it up to the powered side of the solenoid, shit starts to arc.

any input would be great, or pictures on how to wire it, thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Check out Billavista's tech article on the 8274. its in tech section. See if you can switch to the newer four solenoid setup. do a google search for pirate4x4 and 8274. the solenoids have been covered here a lot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, find that arcticle all over the net, and read it over lots. also searched for hours on end, solenoids are pretty basic, but im obviously missing a small step to get these 2 to work, and hoping someone on here had theirs rebuilt by warn, or have made this change

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i've already come across both of those,

just gotta figure out how to get 2 of the newer solenoids to make it happen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts