Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wires do you cross to convert back to three wire? I need to run my in cab controls. I think its the white to the red ground? Then the brown will be my primary and the green and black will be the forward/back (don't know which is which, but that's easy)?

Does that sound right? The red is the ground wire with the ring terminal. The brown hooks to all the solenoids, (which is why I htink its the primary energizied wire)

Thanks for the help, my skills reading a wire diagram have subsided since I was in college.

·
Registered
793 Posts
ramv said:
Which wires do you cross to convert back to three wire? I need to run my in cab controls. I think its the white to the red ground? Then the brown will be my primary and the green and black will be the forward/back (don't know which is which, but that's easy)?

Does that sound right? The red is the ground wire with the ring terminal. The brown hooks to all the solenoids, (which is why I htink its the primary energizied wire)

Thanks for the help, my skills reading a wire diagram have subsided since I was in college.
There is no need to delete this feature on the winch. Just use a six pin switch and run the extra two wires. Not switching the ground side of the current solenoid that Warn uses decreases its life in addition to removing a safety feature.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
So does anyone have a wiring diagram to keep it using all the wires?

It would be a lot easier to simplify to 3, but I agree there is no point in defeating something Warn put there on purpose.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info... so I should run the white to a switched ground, ground the red for use with the remote, run the brown to center of the momentary, black and green to the other poles, and remove my override switch from the primary wire of the momemtary since I don't need it anymore, as the switched ground will be my safety? Am I readint hat correct?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ask "Seabass" aka "The 12volt guy"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts