Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know it's probably gonna be a stupid question with an easy answer.. but is there a cheaper way than the 850 dollar kit from warn to convert the front to hubs? and use some stronger shafts???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, its cheaper, but not much fun.

You've gotta grind the welds and take the inner steering knuckle yoke off the tube.
Then get yourself a CJ housing and steal the yokes off that one, weld them onto the XJ tubes, making sure to get the ball joint centerline in the same place.

Now use the CJ stub axles and outers, brakes, hubs etc.

Of course this only works if you have the same u-joint size.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like too much work...

as much as i like to fabricate.. I think i'd rather work a few extra days and send warn a check for 850....

eheh...

I have a dana 44 for the front but i think someone put the axle tube in crooked... how could i tell???

·
Registered
657 Posts
psychochicken said:
sounds like too much work...

as much as i like to fabricate.. I think i'd rather work a few extra days and send warn a check for 850....

eheh...

I have a dana 44 for the front but i think someone put the axle tube in crooked... how could i tell???
Sounds like you have more of those 850$ checks than I do...

Waggy outers with 44 flatop knuckles, home brew steering arms and linkage, K-5 inner knuckles - then trussed

All told with the parts axle I was under 400$ (including everything you see below on the axle).... To each his own - but I'm broke with no $850's in the forseeable future...

Matt

·
Registered
99 Posts
All told with the parts axle I was under 400$ (including everything you see below on the axle).... To each his own - but I'm broke with no $850's in the forseeable future...
Who needs axle shafts anyways :D :D

Seriously though thats got to be the most tricked out 30 around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts