Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done the warn locking hub conversion on a dana 30? if so is it worth the money and do you like it?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I have the 5x4.5 one and it's been great. Nice to unlock the hubs in town, flat-towing, etc...also nice to know if I NEED to, I can unlock the hubs and limp off a trail, instead of wrenching, if the case comes up.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I considered this as well...but for the cost of the Warn hub kit..I went with a D44. Hubs are nice though. A lot less turning in the drivetrain. driveshaft, carrier, axles...everything doesnt move. I noticed an increase in acceleration and a slight increase in gas mileage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deffinately not worth the money to spend on a 30. I almost made the mistake myself. Luckily Gravity and I had this talk... long story short I am no longer dating my dana 30....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dana 44

so which year wagoneers had locking hubs and no vacume disco and drivers side pumpkin?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It's a nice design, but it's rather pricey. Get a pair of MileMarker Supreme hubs, and save for new axles.

·
Registered
230 Posts
you want to avoid 82-83. (or is it 81-82??) Hell avoid all 3 years for the fun of it. Those are the years that have the vacuum disco in the housing. As for locking hubs, im not sure any year per say had them rather it was a factory option. Eitherway go to the store and buy some warn premiums for $89 or so and they go right in any year.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't waste your money!! I did and tell everyone one I can to do a swap instead. The amount of money you will spead on the swap is better put towards a nice D44. Or better yet a pair of junkyard D60's.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
any year d44 you knucklehead....
The original post was for a d30...
warn locking hub conversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"has anyone done the warn locking hub conversion on a dana 30? if so is it worth the money and do you like it?"

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The original post was for a d30...
warn locking hub conversion
Yet if you had read Foxinbox's entire post he was demonstrating how to get lockouts on a Dana 44.

(Remainder info is for BigYJ since some have trouble following context) The vacuum disco on a Dana 44 is easy to spot, so don't be concerned about years. Look at it first, then decide if it's the one to avoid or not. This is the one to avoid:

·
Registered
275 Posts
x3
20/20 hindsight, the money would have been better spent on a D44. Stronger gears, ball joints, and a little easier to do high steer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts