Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a warn xd 9000i that I picked up used. It seems to be in ok shape. It will spool out as normal, but will not spool in. I have not delt with winches very much, so I am not sure where to start. I took the top cover off and checked out the selinoids. I am not sure exactly how the set up work with the 4 of them, but to the best I can tell. Looking at the winch from the front, the left selinoid is not working properly. When the controler put power to it, it does not energize. So am I answering my own question, or is there something esle I am missing? If that is the problem, can the parts be found locally napa, ect or are there warn only parts? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sense I am not the original owner/ purcheser of the winch, there is no warrenty. I have been searching for a wiring diagram to work with. Does anyone know where I could find one? Has anyone used selinoids from napa or another parts store. They doesn't look like anything special to me. I would not mind changing them anyways. It will be one last thing to worry about.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
I stock solenoids $36.99 ea shipped

mine will not fit under the intergrated covers, they are taller, but should fit under the plastic covers on M8000,10,000,12,000,15,000, 8274, 9500's with external solenoid packs etc, cover might still need raised

mine are constent duty,

Warns are intermintent (5minutes max run time)

be sure to use a jumper to test each solenoid to be sure.

in uses 2, out uses 2

mine are a bit taller then the warns

I am looking for a source of the shorter case solenoids, & will list them on my site when found

·
Registered
420 Posts
why does warn ground through the switch ?

are all warn controlers the same?

what does the red light on the new ones tell you?

thanks

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
why does warn ground through the switch ?

are all warn controlers the same?

what does the red light on the new ones tell you?

thanks

not all do.........I would guess more for safety
my older 8274 doesn't
some older m8000 & m12000 don't

the red LED on the 9.5ti is a motor overheast warning

1 - 9 of 9 Posts