Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a winch in the classifieds for the right price so I bought it yesterday.

Today I was out in the garage working on my mount. I was working off the dimensions on the Warn site and they weren't jiving with what I actually had in front of me.

The drum on this thing is 5", same as the 9.0Rc. Was this offered by Warn, or did someone else do this?

Also, the cable was beat. It was frayed in a few spots and it looks like it was cut to fit the shorter drum. A washer was welded to the end of the cable to bolt it to the drum :shaking:. Where can I find a 50' 3/8" synthetic rope with some sort of clevis end from? I've been looking on a few sites, and only see 90'. That is not going to fit.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I've heard of that variant before, some kind of a fleet deal on a particular customer's special-purpose Chevy pickups, IIRC. Not supposed to be sold to the public, I guess, but a few of them have made it into the used market.

We've got 3/8" lines listed down to 50'.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's interesting, I've never heard of that. The selector side was clocked 90* so the feet would face forward. I clocked it back up to mount the feet down. I'll call Warn today and see if there's anything else I should know about this thing.

Do you have the 50' rope in stock? If not, what's the turnaround time?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I've heard of that variant before, some kind of a fleet deal on a particular customer's special-purpose Chevy pickups, IIRC. .
That winch was acatually in Warn's catalog. ( I want to say 7 or 8 years ago, but maybe more like 10). It was designed for Chevy pickups. I recall it when I bought my old M6000. I think it may have been call XD9000 SDU or such. 50' of cable stock.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I mounted it between the frame rails with a 1.5x.120 x-member and some 1/4 plate between the tube and the bumper. There is plenty of room between the frame rail and the winch. It just fits 70 feet of 3/8" rope with the protective sleeve over the end.

It needs come out again because I think the motor is fried :( (gets real hot and begins to smoke after 10-15 feet with no load).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nice, you finally got a winch. Looks good on there, Jake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts