Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one on the samurai and I think it is killing my batteries. Are you guys putting bigger alternator on or running 2 batts?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The winch is no good and samurais can't run winches throw it out and start going to the gym

:flipoff2:

I haven't used my M8000 yet so I don't know what will happen. I have killed 2 batteries in our plow truck that basicly uses a starter motor on the pump.

Ken

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
My alt belt squeals like a pig, after every good winch.
I have plans to add a battery, when the alt goes I will go with a bigger alt.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Most people I know spend big $$$$ on winches they never use for themselves.. its always to yank out the other goof that has an unbuilt rig trying to follow you up something they have no business being on in the first place. With the weight of your rig, you shouldnt normally have enough load on a winch that size to cause any electrical problems if the system is in good working order. But if there are electrical problems there or starting, it will sure bring them out!

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
RocKrawler said:
With the weight of your rig, you shouldnt normally have enough load on a winch that size...
Maybe so out west... but back east you have to consider that eventually, you'll find your rig buried up to the axle tubes in soft terrain. If you don't buy a fat winch, you will find place where you wish you had one.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Or, if you have ALL day, you can get a small light winch, have a small but very capable samurai, and a snatch block pulley.
It'll take longer but you can get away with a smaller winch.
Cable length will be a problem though..

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have A Warn 9000i. I had some AutoZone type battery until it died and now a Red Top. No problems winching bigger rigs around with either battery. I winched 3-4 people in a row over an obstacle one day.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I have the x8000i and a yellow top on a stock alt. no problems, pulls jeeps up hills all day long :D

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i jsut got my self a red top and am going to put a battery cut off switch in so I can trun it off when not in use. See how that works!

As for the spelling yes I know I can't spell quit picking on me!! :flipoff2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts