Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-20 windchill, about 5 degrees out :flipoff2: yeah i know i know i am a newb and i am not a west coaster, so i expect some shit, but lets at least humor me :flipoff2:

a little damage on my clean cali truck:flipoff2:

another crick crossin'

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the aftermath of the creek crossing

inner bead blown the wrong way, even starting fluid aint helpin me, had to put the damn spare on

trying to reseat but no go

at least we were only 30 miles from pavement

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
You couldn't pay me enough to move back to the midwest and deal with that shit again. Marquette, you nuts. It was 84 today in Phoenix, life's bitch out here. :flipoff2:

To the people who think they've been cold, you've never had the pleasure of experiencing UP, Wisconsin, and Minnesota winters. When the shifter breaks off at the tranny from trying to force it into gear, you know it's beyond butt ass cold. I've never heard sounds like that from a truck before.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
It's been in the teens here in D.C. the last 2 weeks and that's as cold as I ever want to feel! Although I did go to PA last week and drove in this hole. Not as bad as yours but having the knuckles under water for 5 minutes is not good.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2stroke said:
being pulled out by a jeep. i wouldnt have shown that:flipoff2:
well if there were any guys that would wheel their toys around here it wouldnt have happened that way! and the sammy wasnt cuttin the mustard, in fact neither did the jeep we had to break out the winch it was super crazy hard core!!!:p

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
85TrailToy said:
It's been in the teens here in D.C. the last 2 weeks and that's as cold as I ever want to feel! Although I did go to PA last week and drove in this hole. Not as bad as yours but having the knuckles under water for 5 minutes is not good.

5 minutes? on the first crossing, heading out to the trails i spent almost a full hour sitting there, on the way home (the darker pic) i spent about 10 minutes, i had ice water in my doors you could hear sloshing around, about 2 feet in the bed, about half drained out, what a mess. Can't wait for the snow to melt and the school semester to be over so i can get my SAS done dangit

oh and for good measure i am sure i missed one of these
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
flimmy said:
Frank, what happened to the grill ?
Grille is at home. You know I was planning on working on the rig this Winter.:rolleyes: :(

UP_ROKTOY:

Solid axle knuckles don't like sitting in water. Moving is ok. I plan to inspect them first chance I get. One of the hubs would not unlock because it had ice in it!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah my hub's wont unlock either, there is about 3 inches of ice stil on em, its good to here ahead of time that SA knuckles don't like water for future reference

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm in MI and wheel my Toy, but unfortunately Marquette is a little too far from Kalamazoo. Oh, and my hubs have been frozen many times, nothing a little persuation with a wrench won't solve. :p

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well maybe you should plan for memorial day up here in marquette, we started a new club last year and have "hosted" 3 runs so far, on memorial day last year we had 15 trucks, hoping for 30 this year, come awn up i am sick of being the only toy, check out the UP Big Wheelers forum on www.michiganjeepers.com you will here more about us "yoopers" wheelin

peace
chad

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
it has been pretty cold here the last week, i think i may have dropped alittle below 100 once :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

great pics but, its good to see what is going on around the world, even if it does involve a jeep ;)

NICK

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
85TrailToy said:
One of the hubs would not unlock because it had ice in it!
A little trick for something that is frozen is to use windshield washer fluid. Just pour it over the ice and it will melt it away. Works even better if you keep the jug inside the truck or 4runner.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
flimmy said:

A little trick for something that is frozen is to use windshield washer fluid. Just pour it over the ice and it will melt it away. Works even better if you keep the jug inside the truck or 4runner.
The ice was INSIDE the hub.:D I just pulled it and drove home without it.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I carry a propane torch in my truck(s) at all times!

You'd better start oiling that CA truck before the MI road salt eats it alive! Even if you plan to beat it, at least oil in the frame.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts