Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they can dump it with these crazy prices and they didnt have any 2 feature stuff anyway, but how long do they have to comply?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Unlawfull to purchase/sell is what the state troopers are saying, I guess they would have to return them or sell to an out of state dealer?

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
Unlawfull to purchase/sell is what the state troopers are saying, I guess they would have to return them or sell to an out of state dealer?
And no one wants it because it's already been crippled by the previous laws.:(

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm from rural NY and have a lot of family still there. I used to want to move back, but the way things are there I will never do it. Lived in California for a while too, but I'd never move back there either. Two shining examples of what liberalism can do to previously great states.

·
Slow
1,117 Posts
They can still sell it to the cops.
Local gun dealer called all the cops that had AR's on order and told them to come pick up their deposits, he won't sell them.

Many local places have stopped selling ammunition until things are clearer.

This place is fubared.

·
Slow
1,117 Posts
It's semi-auto only, right? Doesn't include revolvers?

People in NY shoot 3 gun?
Due to previous ban and state laws almost all high speed competitive shooting does not exist in NY.

As far as 8 shot revolvers we have hit a stone wall on what is happening due to capacity restrictions.

The State Police are even still unsure. At worst we can tell is you cannot load any revolver with more than 7 rounds and any revolver capable of holding 10+ rounds is now illegal to purchase and existing should be registered.

Many revolvers will advance to the next cylinder/ load another round as you pull the trigger, same as a semi-auto, whats the difference?

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
Many revolvers will advance to the next cylinder/ load another round as you pull the trigger, same as a semi-auto, whats the difference?
Not quite the same, though. A double action revolver requires the trigger to be pulled again to initiate the cycling of the round, removal of old and replace with new.

A typical semi-auto 'automatically' ejects and chambers the next round after the initial round has been fired.

edit to add: a bigger difference may be that the common revolver does not cock (re-cock however you want to word it) after each squeeze of the trigger, as opposed to a semi-auto

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Not quite the same, though. A double action revolver requires the trigger to be pulled again to initiate the cycling of the round, removal of old and replace with new.

A typical semi-auto 'automatically' ejects and chambers the next round after the initial round has been fired.

edit to add: a bigger difference may be that the common revolver does not cock (re-cock however you want to word it) after each squeeze of the trigger, as opposed to a semi-auto
I understand the technical difference but In either case there is one projectile fired with each pull of the trigger.

Fucking stupid.

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
runnerboyy:15230585 said:
Fucking stupid.

Well that pretty well sums up restrictions/bans in general :laughing:

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
What about double-action-only autos?

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
Ben Segrest:15230881 said:
What about double-action-only autos?
Sorry, did i fail to use terms like 'generally' enough to make it clear that i was not trying to hit on everything? Just remind an
Leo from new York that there are easily and readily differences that can/will be legislated...haven't finished reading the ny law so i don't know where they draw the line.

·
Slow
1,117 Posts
Revolvers seem now to be good to go. There was a question as to firing with each pull of the trigger.

Guns purchased before the bill was passed should still be able to be delivered before April 2014.

Mags with 10 round capacities should be legal to purchase (only load to 7) until April 15, 2013.

The situation still seems to be very fluid, muddled and fucked.

State Police are answering minimally.

There may be as many as 30 amendments to this bill/law, including the need to exempt LEO's

AR15.com has actually been a valuable resource for info on this, the NY forum seems to be doing their best at legitamizing info as it comes in.

Many questions are still floating.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Local gun dealer called all the cops that had AR's on order and told them to come pick up their deposits, he won't sell them.
I hope he did that out of spite/principle.

·
Slow
1,117 Posts
I hope he did that out of spite/principle.
I don't know. He is a profit man, then again he has deeply rooted principles.
I worked at the store from the age of 14 to 21, and was always surprised at how far he would go to make a $, yet he was old school when it came to the 2nd.

He may have done it to protect the business or to prove a point, I will be sure to ask the next time I am in.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Tell him I said thanks, if principle was the reason.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
As stupid as it is.... I think the actual "reason" was based more upon reload time.

Dropping an empty magazine and inserting a full one is faster than reloading a revolver. :rolleyes:

·
Slow
1,117 Posts
As stupid as it is.... I think the actual "reason" was based more upon reload time.

Dropping an empty magazine and inserting a full one is faster than reloading a revolver. :rolleyes:
Stupid knows no bounds in the mind of a NY politician, that being said, there has been some clarification on revolvers and they seem to be exempt.

ETA: the browning bar with boss system seems to be an "assault weapon" now. Detachable magazine, semi-automatic and muzzle brake (break in the law) qualify it.

Let the Fudds suck on that for awhile.

·
Registered
28,921 Posts
Revolvers seem now to be good to go. There was a question as to firing with each pull of the trigger.

Guns purchased before the bill was passed should still be able to be delivered before April 2014.

Mags with 10 round capacities should be legal to purchase (only load to 7) until April 15, 2013.

The situation still seems to be very fluid, muddled and fucked.

State Police are answering minimally.

There may be as many as 30 amendments to this bill/law, including the need to exempt LEO's

AR15.com has actually been a valuable resource for info on this, the NY forum seems to be doing their best at legitamizing info as it comes in.

Many questions are still floating.
Why the fuck should leos be exempted? They're civilians just like us. They can be robbed all the same. No special exemptions. Make all the secret service people carry with 7 round while in the state of new York too. Everyone gets an equal amount of self defense

Lol.
I showed a gun control proponent moon clips from a belt and their head exploded I think.

Sent from my mind via RF energy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts