Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasatch Cruisers had our annual Cruise Moab prerun last weekend and it was a blast!!! Turned out to be more of a wagon group. We had several 60 series trucks and five 80 series and a Taco. There were also another half dozen 40's and Henry Brimmer showed up in "TOYLOCO".

This was only the second time I've wheeled my 80. Most of the time I just take the 40 since we usually hit more difficult or tighter trails. Also, my 80 is unlocked. This time I had my wife and two boys along so we took the big wagon and I gotta say I was VERY impressed even without lockers. We ran Steelbender on Friday and then did a night run on Poison Spider Mesa Friday night. Night runs are just cool!! Saturday we ran Hell's Revenge and Moab Rim! The coolest part was watching Darren Webster in his 80 series make Hell's Gate and the Escalator look like a walk in the park.

It was definitely one of the coolest Moab trips I've ever had.

This is my Brother-in-law, Chris, on his first ever wheeling trip (as a driver, he's been riding shotgun with me for a while). He was a total trooper, and took his unlocked 80 series through anything we through at him. I think it qualifies at "gettin it" when you take a new truck through several 4+ trails on your first time wheeling!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more............ "Pugsley" riding shotgun in the Taco into one of the Hottubs on Hell's Revenge.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Who drives that white 60 that's chillun' in the background in the TOYLOCO shot? It looks like one I have been seein' around Logan...

Anyway, it looks like awesome fun. I wish I coulda made it down but I had to go North for the wife's best friends weddin' last weekend in Boise. I'll definitely be hittin' a couple days of Cruise Moab this year though!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
ninetimesnine said:
Who drives that white 60 that's chillun' in the background in the TOYLOCO shot?
Will Carroll... he is a Technician at Larry H Miller Toyota in SLC, super cool guy. :D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's Will Carroll's FJ60 and it is HUGE. He works at Mark Miller Toyota as a tech and is considered their resident TLC "guru." Really nice guy, early 20s. Not sure where he lives though...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Box Rocket said:
you can see more pictures HERE taken by Dave Connors who drives the Tacoma.
Cool pics Adam!! Sounded like fun!! Andre and I were at Kurt's when he got home. He said it was an awesome time, especially the 80s in Hell's Gate!!:eek:

Sorry I missed you during my stay in SLC. I'll be back to pick up my Trooper late next week. Maybe we can hook up then!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That white (mostly) 60 belongs to Will Carroll, a master tech at the local Toyota Dealership. The guy's freakin' amazing. I love it when he works on my truck! His 60 used to be one of the cleanest 60s I'd ever seen. Then he took it out to Cat Canyon with us. That was two years ago and it's been downhill ever since. The body on it looks aweful.:flipoff2: But its a sweet wheeler.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Box Rocket said:
This is Chris and I on our way back down Moab Rim with Paul May's 40 out in front of us.
Thats a sweet bumper and snorkel on the black 80 :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
looked like an awesome time... nice rigs fellas!

P.S. Would love to see more pics of everyone's rigs on more trails... spice up the board a little:smokin:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time, wish I could have made it down. On the bright side, I got a lot of work done on the cruiser this weekend and some fairly good body damage done on the mini playing up Prov. canyon saturady with Cody and some friends.

Next time.

Mike Bodrero

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great pictures Adam!

All I have to say is your spotter is your everything when you are a rookie like I am. There were a couple times I thought I was done for.

The suspension package for the black 80 came from Christo at www.sleeoffroad.com and the rest of the parts came from Kurt at cruiser outfitters.

I'm counting the days until the next club run.

-Chris
:p

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey newbie welcome to the board! Don't let everyone here give you too hard a time. :flipoff2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts