Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my truck thru my pit this weekend with about 5ft of water and ice and it died in the middle. I pulled it out and tried to start it and it turns over with some hesitation but won't fire. I drained my oil and it was full of water and I took the spark plugs out and covered in water. But it turns over. Its a 78 chevy 454. Now is there any way of saving this engine without a full on rebuild, like just drying it out or am I dead in the water (no pun intended). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Well I took my truck thru my pit this weekend with about 5ft of water and ice and it died in the middle. I pulled it out and tried to start it and it turns over with some hesitation but won't fire. I drained my oil and it was full of water and I took the spark plugs out and covered in water. But it turns over. Its a 78 chevy 454. Now is there any way of saving this engine without a full on rebuild, like just drying it out or am I dead in the water (no pun intended). Thanks.

just water? no mud?

change all your fluids.

while the plugs are out, turn it over on the starter to push all the water out of the cylinders....

fire it up and hope you didn't bend a rod when you tried to crank it with water in the cylinders.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just water no mud. i took the spark plugs out and sprayed ether in each cylinder to dry them out. also turned in over with plugs out to. Drained all the oil to. Still no spark. there is a deffinite struggle when i trun it over though, im thinking bent rod now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts