Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering adding water to the front tires of my crawler. It has the HP dana 60 on 43" TSL stickies. LS1 engine, 108" wb and weighs 4300#. A trusted friend has told me the risks and potential breakage of components. I rarely drive it on the road, but trailer it to the trails. What is the experience of those here who have done this?? What broke? What is the volume capacity of 43" TSL? My driving style is conservative with a bump when needed. I'm not one to hammer it up a waterfall. If I can't crawl it, I go around. Last time I hammered it, I went over backwards. At 77 years old, I don't need that kind of thrill again. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got a width measurement? I'm guessing it would be similar to a 16.5-16.1 tractor front tire which holds 40 ish gallons water is around 8lbs gallon of I remember correctly

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a width measurement? I'm guessing it would be similar to a 16.5-16.1 tractor front tire which holds 40 ish gallons water is around 8lbs gallon of I remember correctly

So when putting water in your tires you fill them all the way up or only ~1/3?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tractor tires are usually filled to 90 percent max if start by filling one to verify its capacity then fill to different levels and see how it acts should make it alot more stable

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what level to fill to. I'm sure I would not fill to 90%, as the weight would be hard on the axle components. Looking for that level that provides good traction, but doesn't create problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Toss 10 gallons in and see how it works or even 5 I wouldn't be afraid of 10 gal of think having to little could cause more issues then being full could slosh around possibly and make it handle funny might want to search around maybe fifd a lighter liquid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts