Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building up my rig(FJ40 with 75 tub) and find I will NEED a heater.

I've come to the conclusion that I've got two styles to generate heat: water from the engine or electric

Which style is better? Or is it a crap shoot?

I've never been overly impressed with the stock FJ40 heater valves(mounted on engine bay firewall) or the actual heater.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link... that looks pretty good.
I've got the rear FJ40 heater and will be using it for my feet :p

·
Registered
4,848 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dychen said:
its actually a 3 spd blower and samurai heaters are a joke, don't waste yer time

MINE ROASTS ME OUT OF THE TRUCK JUST ON LOW/DEFROST, TEMP GUAGE NEVER EVEN MOVES IN THE WINTER TIME(15* TO 50* OR SO), OF COURSE THAT IS IN A TIN TOP SAMMY.

$200.00 IS NOT TO BAD CONSIDERING THAT YOU GET A NEW HEATER CORE, BLOWER MOTOR,ASSTD WIRING, BLOWER SWITCH, ALL IN A SMALL EASY TO INSTALL PACKAGE, PLUS A WARRANTY!
FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY, MY TIME TO MAKE THIS OUT OF SCRATCH WOULD BE MORE THAN $200.00 AFTER ALL THE SEARCHING AND ROUNDING UP PARTS, PLUS MY LABOR AND FABBING.......BARGAIN IN THE LONG RUN, WHILE YOUR FABBIN' ONE TOGETHER I WOULD BE WORKING ON MY NEXT PROJECT.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Dychen said:
its actually a 3 spd blower and samurai heaters are a joke, don't waste yer time
If you think that.........Then there is something wrong with yours!

In my buggy mine kicks ass! mine is the stock heater from an 88...........ive been using it on the trails for years now.

I second the zuk heater.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I don't know how much room you have to fit this in, but older motorhomes have stand alone heaters with fans built in and ducts to allow you to hook flex hose to wherever you want to go. I pulled the glove box out of my Scout and used a heater from a winnebago where the glovebox was. Kicks ass, and was 20 bucks at the boneyard

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
I third the Samurai core. They really put out heat. Plus, as was said they have the blower in the same little package. I have a spare if you are looking for one, they are a bitch to get out from under the dash...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
RudeZuk said:

If you think that.........Then there is something wrong with yours!

In my buggy mine kicks ass! mine is the stock heater from an 88...........ive been using it on the trails for years now.

I second the zuk heater.
I'm gonna have to third it. I have 3 Samurais and all of them will run you out. I run my trail rig on low, with the window down in 20 degree weather. Samurai heaters are bad for getting leaves and such in them, that could be the problem with Dychens.

EDIT: I guess I'm fourthing it.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.