Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of some waterproof seats (not covers) we are putting them in a TJ. Preferably a suspension seats. I have not seen anything.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya....your right.. We just have a customer wanting the COOL word "Waterproof" I guess.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Corbeau makes a few of their seats with a neoprene (or however that's spelled) cover, not water "proof" but highly water resistent.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I recently got 4 of the Beard seats with the neoprene cover (wetsuit material). The foam of the seats is first covered in a plastic barrier and then the neoprene cover is installed. Haven't used them yet but they are advertised as weatherproof. I got mine from Sean w/ Perf. Off-Road Systems (he's on here as Station).

From what I've read they are the only seat company that offers this option.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had neoprene covers on my seats for a while and they seem to soak up water. Of course it never damaged them but it would take days to dry them out. I would prefer vinyl

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
when i ordered my PRP's i ordered them in all vinyl, no cloth. this will keep most of the water out, but i don't know any seat that wont take on water if a bucket is poured into it.
I've rode in vinyl corbuea's, there ain't the least bit waterproof, and take ALOT longer to dry than the cloth ones. I hope your's are better.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,940 Posts
i had some of those for a time. drill some holes or your going to have one wet ass cause they hold water like a bucket.

and they suck.

Isn't that why they call them bucket seats? :flipoff2: Never said the were good, or comfortable...but they would be waterproof.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I use the cheap plastic bucket seats with a 1 inch layer of closed cell foam padding under the cover to make them comfortable- before I did that, those bastards would really do a number on you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know you said no cover, but if your a cheap ass I use a contractor trash bag over my seat as a cover if I know its going to rain. Vinal burns my ass in the AZ sun and heat, so its cloth all the way. Drys out faster too.

zman

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
x2 on the Beard Neoprene. Unlike vinyl, the neoprene is only uncomfortable when it's wet.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I've got the Beard's with the EBS system, they are excellent and while not perfect probably the closest thing you'll get to a waterproof seat. From Beard's site

EBS System: An Available option for all Beard Super Seats, the EBS SYSTEM is unique and highly functional. A water resistant neoprene coer works in conjunction with our Belt Sealers to keep the elements from penetrating the seat. EBS is highly recommended for sandy & moist environments.

A word to the wise, don't buy seats with a vinyl cover thinking it'll be waterproof. It's not only not waterproof, it's worse. Water gets in through the seams and the 5pt harness slots then the seats never dry because the vinyl holds in all in there. Plus when you think it's finally dry you sit down and water seeps up through the seams into your ass crack.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts