1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How important is it for me to replace the seal inside the edge or the housing and the seal on the hub? I can't pull them out and I don't have a tool to pull them out.

Thanks

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Mazda4x4 said:
How important is it for me to replace the seal inside the edge or the housing and the seal on the hub? I can't pull them out and I don't have a tool to pull them out.

Thanks
Screwdriver and hammer. You'll destory them getting them out but who cares since you have new ones.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
You need to replace that. Get a SEAL PULLER from autozone for $6. If you're really cheap, keep it clean an return it. But the damn things so useful, you'll keep it.

I have 130-some pictures of my axle rebuild in here that I've been meaning to make into an ultra-detailed writeup on how to rebuild a Toy axle. Just keep putting it off. :shaking:

http://home.off-road.com/~mithrandir/axlepics/

The seal puller will get that out in about 1 second. You do have a brass punch to put everything back in, right? I went out and bought two brass punch sets after I got done building the toy axle. It's so nice to be able to WAIL on things with a sledge, and not worry about damaging them because the brass deflects first. :)

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
I just pried mine out with a small ballpein and a screwdriver making sure not to gall up the housing. I used a correct diameter socket to put the new seal in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts