Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little bit of wheeling this past weekend. Went out with 9 buggies to get in some action before the Thanksgiving crowd gets there.

Video:

Weather was fantastic; 60 degree days, and 30* nights. Lots of condensation overnight, so bring a cover for your buggy. Some of the good trails, like FOH and SOS, look like they haven't been run in a long time. Jackhammer is pretty nasty and should be a real fun time for the full-body rigs that want a challenge.

Sledgehammer and Wrecking Ball have tons of rocks stacked at every obstacle, especially at the plaque. The waterfall on wrecking ball basically has a ramp stacked in front of it and isn't a waterfall anymore. There were about a ton of rocks stacked at the base of Backdoor too - but my group blew all those rocks out for the Thanksgiving crowd to enjoy:flipoff2: The "Bleeping Jeep / Litebright" crews went out there after SEMA to get video and brought their army of rock-stackers so the JLs can look cool. So get out there with your 42s and horsepower and do some un-stacking.

The ice cream truck visited the lake bed every afternoon. Ohh, and those wicked "whoops" in the road on the 247 north of Lucerne have gotten significantly worse due to the road settling (especially on the northbound lane) - DON'T haul ass over these with your big-ass trailer in tow!

Overall a great trip. Can't wait to get back next month!

:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
That is a very cool video. I felt like I was there!

Also, thanks for cleaning out the stacked rocks!:D

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://youtu.be/e3UiVweUxgw

I bet I know who stacked all the rocks. "first ever rzr to run sledgehammer and backdoor in a day" :rolleyes:
Yep, these bustedknuckle/litebrite/bleepinjeep folks totally filled in the bottom of backdoor with rocks (like in that video you posted). Image the effort it took to stock that many rocks and fill a 4' hole at the bottom of the obstacle. Even Jeeps could easily make it. Butttttt, we did some rev-limiter "rear digs" and fixed it for ya!

A guy on the lake bed said they basically paved sledge and WB with rocks to film SEMA rigs going through. I'm sure after the Thanksgiving crowd gave it hell, its back to its true form.

There are so many bypasses on the popular trails now, there are no more "braggin rights" in JV (unless you make upper bender).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts