Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are slacking :laughing:

Went up to Compressor Creek for the day with a group of friends.

Lots of bent wheels, broken starter and a tree. :smokin:

The scout was awesome and nothing broke. Kinda weird that I stopped breaking stuff when I stopped drinking. :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My wife takes the pictures so not many of the scout :rolleyes:

This was a birthday run for the guy in the pink onesy :laughing:
I didn't see how her got the log behind the tire. He bent two wheels that day.

The 4runner had no starter and was fun to bump start on a hill.

Attachments

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to strap the back of the scout to a tree and tax out my 10,000lb winch to get him off of the root ball.

We have been driving around that tree for years. Once the tree hits the ground, if it does, it will be tough to get around it. :smokin: I wish my wife was taking video at the time, it would have been awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

I absolutely love this photo. This is my new desktop background.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
I'll play along. I think this was on the 9th...maybe the week before, ha ha ha.

We had a work party at the local ORV park. The area has pretty technical trails where even the "green" trails are too hard for stock vehicles. So as a result there are always bypasses being made.

Loaded up the Scout and pumped up the airbags to 30psi...:smokin: :
01 Scout on Trailer.jpg

It was a beautiful day and the sunrise was amazing:
03 Sun Rise.jpg

We had special access beyond the gate that separates the motorcycle area. This allowed us to get up to the logged area and grab some duff and downed trees for using as guardrails on the trail fix areas:
05 Pulling Logs.jpg

Doing some posing in the quarry/pit:
06 Posing in the pit.jpg

I started the run with 3 logs in my sling...got to the bottom with only one :laughing:
07 Scout pulling log.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
About 50 yards of rock crawling into the trail we were fixing I my front tire started DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA rubbing into the front fender on full flex. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK" as it has never made that noise before. The front end leveled out and carried on about 10 more yards. Next full flex on the driver's side and DA DA DA DA DA DA DA again!!! This time I got out and this is what I saw....
08 Tire into fender.jpg

SHEARED DRIVERS SIDE LEAF SPRING CENTER PIN. The axle shifted waaaayyy forward on the drivers side and allowed the tire to make hot sex with the front fender.
09 Sheared Center pin.jpg

I was able to do some trail fixing of jacking up the rig and relieving the weight on the axle...then shoved and pushed the axle back. I clamped the fuck out of it and was able to get it turned around to try and get it back to the main parking lot.

After about 30 yards I hit a serious rock section and spit out my front caster wedge on the broken side. I only needed to go another 50 yards or so, BUT with some serious crawling to do...so I said fuck it and just clamped the drivers side down tight with no caster wedge.

The c-clamp was to help with keeping the axle from sliding forward. The strap was to help with keeping the axle from pulling backwards.

With a 12* wedge on the passenger side, and NO wedge on the drivers side, I crawled out like a champ! After a 5mph jaunt back to the truck it was back on the trailer:
010 Back on trailer.jpg

It's still sitting in the garage like this :grinpimp:

I hadn't checked my front u-bolts after a competition this summer and a bunch of wheeling. I have also re-used these u-bolts on this rig since I have owned it...and who knows how long they were on here beforehand. So meh...

I'll be posting up a front end re-fresh thread once I get all my new parts in.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome :laughing:

I had been reusing the u bolts on mine also. I could never keep the front tight.

Linking the front was the best thing I could have done. Now to destroy the rear springs so my wife will let me link the back :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
If you would link that pig you wouldn't have that problem. :flipoff2:

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you would link that pig you wouldn't have that problem. :flipoff2:
This guy gets it :laughing:

Hey John. We are planning a trip to Browns camp next year. You been there?

If so are there camp spots that will accommodate 57 feet of junk or at least let us drop the trailer next to the motorhome?

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Ya, there are places to get your contraption into. If it's a holiday weekend that be allot harder.....

Let me know when you'll be here and I'll come see if I come show you around.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, there are places to get your contraption into. If it's a holiday weekend that be allot harder.....

Let me know when you'll be here and I'll come see if I come show you around.
Sweet. I will let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts