Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
^^^ LOL poor snoop :(

BTW I just got back from PHX and did'nt see any snow wtf???

I did not do a single thing this weekend it was the best ever :grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Ive got 10 that shadow mans wife wheels more than tom moses

·
Registered
2005 Xterra Off-Road Locked
310 Posts
Spent 10 minutes on my binder. Installed my "new" front DS.

I'm 4x4 again and more importantly don't look like a jackass with a missing driveshaft. :)

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Just woke up and the first thing I do is go and check Pirate....:rolleyes:

About to have some coffee...try and get motivated...and yard out my TH400 by myself...:laughing:

Let the hilarity ensue...:D

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,200 Posts
Shadowman- how about some more pics of the doors when you pick it up/get a chance? i was looking at it on ebay, and i couldn't figure out why it was covering up the front portion of the insert. i can't remember seeing doors like that before. anyway, looks like a cool acquisition:cool2:

as for scout work-absolutely nothing. my dad did go to pick up a t-19 from NY, and i'll probably be de-greasing it later. time to find out if these two i have now are wide or close. hoping they're both wide:cool2:

·
Registered
257 Posts
cut the sliders off my truck (for sale now) got two used flowmaster 40's all hooked up with turn downs (sounds great! recomend it to any one)

these are the sliders im asking 100$, they are powercoated silver and made form 2x4 box channel.

now for next weekend I need to get new front springs to fix my sag

the very first pic is of the sag, this one above is two inches higer in front, and this one below is also 2 inches higher but head on view

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Saturday, I wheeled with a bunch of Jeeps, one EB, one other Scout II.

Only two of us managed to make the top of a deep snow (that refused to pack up well) hill.. and it involved 200' of straps n' winch cable. :D

I managed to tag a tree that was down across the trail on the way out.. fortunately, it completely missed my new bumper and went for the sheetmetal instead..

Got in there right where the three panels meet.. the inner fender/core support is toast, the inner fender just about hit the alternator, tire rubs on the back of the old core support, and it buckled the grille on the driver's side, too.

Airing up the Scouts..

..and after loading up and heading home with my "trailer queen" and Todd following behind

Scout's been unloaded, but there's still a hunk of tree sticking out - it wouldn't come out with a simple pull or jerk, so it'll wait until the Scout gets back into the shop.

Today I'm back to getting the racer ready for the Baja.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I did yard work all weekend.
Sat: Cleaned the front yard, cut down a date palm (them sombitches is dangerous!) The branches have huge spikes on em and can pierce the toughest leather gloves. Cleaned the back yard a little bit and tried to make it a little more "puppy friendly".

Sun: Hauled everything to the dump and shoveled rock out of the back yard to keep it from getting in the pool and clear a spot for some paving stones to park my future trailer on. :smokin:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Went down to Manhattan, KS and met up with some buddies.

Drank too much

My liver hates me!

That's about it for my weekend

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Did a bunch of housework cleaning type stuff off and on (I really should look into one of the wimmin types to do that for me) and went to Pick-n-Pull for a look around. Big surprise.... no late 70's or early 80's Chevy duallies. :rolleyes:

Sun: I got all prepared to cut down a frickin' evergreen in front of the house that has worn through my last nerve. Double checked to make sure the leaf & brush drop off site was open and found out it's closed for the winter until March 15. Guess I'll put off cutting that fawker down until then.

Ediit: Forgot to mention that I also replaced the lower panel of one of my new garage door that I fawked all up about 4 months ago when I backed my trailer into a stack of tires and pushed them into the door. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
It has been a busy week for me. Here is the short version of what I did.
I made a bumper.

I made a bracket for the brakelight switch.
I hooked up the turn signal switch and blinker.
I had to rewire the rear lights because the stock wiring was no longer flexible.
I ran the motor until it got hot and overflowed.
I replaced the thermostat.
I installed a mechanical temp gauge.
I ran it again to check the gauge.
I changed the oil and filter in my bike.
I aired the tires.
I went for a ride.
I froze my ass off.
I went to the lake and raked leaves.

That's about it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Like I said earlier, brought another vehicle home Sat.:shaking: Better pic in daylight than at night:rolleyes:

Sunday, helped buddy cut down trees and burn brush/limbs. Damn rain!

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Just woke up and the first thing I do is go and check Pirate....:rolleyes:

About to have some coffee...try and get motivated...and yard out my TH400 by myself...:laughing:

Let the hilarity ensue...:D
UPDATE::::::laughing:

I am so glad that I started this at 12:30pm today:shaking:

The quote I got from a couple of tranny shops was 4 hours total to R&R a TH400...well it took me 4 hours just to get to where I stopped. That was without lunch...and with 2 WIRED energy drinks...and only one call from a potential date for tonight.

Good thing my landlord did not stop by....ha ha ha...

Sure it is driveable...

ummm...got tranny...

I would have went the rest of the way but it appears that I have a date tonight with some "strange".

Plus Rustoleumwhite's tranny jack won't go high enough...so I need to get some lumber from work tomorrow...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Friday I drove about 140 miles round trip to pick up my new tires. BFG AT 33-12.50R15's. Got all four for $555.00 ($126.00 a peice before taxes). I thought it was a good deal. Then went with my wife to buy LR furniture. Sat I installed my front axle and picked up the furniture I bought on friday. Sunday I changed the oil in my rearend, and my transfer case. Then adjusted the bands on my transmission. Then my got a little help from my son installing the new tires... My body lift kit should be in this week and I'll put it on by the weekend.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Harvester of Sorrow said:
UPDATE::::::laughing:
Plus Rustoleumwhite's tranny jack won't go high enough...so I need to get some lumber from work tomorrow...
Mine doesn't go high enough, either.. but y'know what? If you take the tires off, the jack is more than high enough. :D

So.. LOWER the Scout. Jackstands will work, or put it on some bare rims. :D

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
tsm1mt said:
Mine doesn't go high enough, either.. but y'know what? If you take the tires off, the jack is more than high enough. :D

So.. LOWER the Scout. Jackstands will work, or put it on some bare rims. :D
Ha ha ha...NOOOO!!!

Maybe with you shop and home having fuckers (like I used to be)...BUT with us WT apartment dwellers...it needs to at least appear alive...:laughing:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
No trees, brush, or leaves for me. Got the '77 Scout II home and snuggled safely in the garage. I'm grabbing the '79 Scout II tomorrow. Need an equipment trailer because of the width. Work slowed some, so I'll be wrenching on them and may play with the '74 PU to get it running. A few guys want to take it off my hands, but I'll probably wind up pulling the engine and axles off it if nobody buys it. Cool to have my junk back at the home 20 again. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
drank way too much and did absolutley nothing scout related at all!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts