Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, The last thread was getting long and I didn't know where one weekend started and another ended...or is it the other way around...but you see what I mean.

Now about THIS weekend. Whatcha do?

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, I think I left last week off with Installing trans and lift springs...

So what did I do this week...humm.....
Hummer wheels: Got the outer rings p-coated white ~ They look stylin. Got my new centers back from the machinists ~ Yes, i couldn't bare to pay $50 + shipping for them so I built my own. Two versions, solid and with 'self cleaning' cutouts.

Front Clip: Remove the front fenders and grill in one big peice. This allowd me to trim more metal off the front, cut out the old steering box support, prep the front area for winch mounts and re-undercoat and paint the inner front fenders.

Cage: Started the new cage, got the front section, rear spreaders, dash bar and door sections in.

That's what I did...anyone else work this weekend?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Got the "buckets" fabbed for the upper control arms.. Got the rear lower control arms mouted. Installed the lockers in the Rockwells and ordered the seals. Starting on the drivetrain this week.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Wheelin'

We had our club run.. 15 rigs..

Good day for carnage though. :D

We tried to roll a new 4Runner..

Broke two axles in an EB and ripped the front bumper apart when a BB tried to drive over it..

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Michelle got to drive Tigger in the snow for a while..

And then at the end of the trail (just before turning around) I slammed a snow bank, tried to back up, and..

:nuke:

So I 3-wheeled it through the snow bank, turned around, and we headed back. :D

More Pictures

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
I was in Toronto, Canada all week last week....going to be there again all of next week as well.

So this weekend I am doing things with my sons and wife to keep the family unit tight.

BUT...the Scout does run good now and I am planning on next weekend!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
mounted my tires on bead locks, got some tube, did a little more planing on the body work for my rig, had another MRI, then replied to this bullshit thread:flipoff2:

·
Registered
871 Posts
did some finishing touches to the house and finished everything with the realtor so the house is on the market now... did some finishing up on the scout also, its trail ready again, just need to put some tunes in it and another tach...can't wait to wheel it again, put a bunch of highway miles on it today, everything seems fine, its going to be in the 60's here next week, so I will be trying it out soon enough:D the way I drive now this will probably be the last photo of it looking straight and clean:(

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got the shock mounts done and bought a new camera.
also started on cleaning up the firewall getting it ready for the new electrical system.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
What I did this weekend is start on my unconventional suspension assist system.:D I'm suprised as of yet NO-ONE has come up with the reactive suspension assist system that I'm building. I have seen somewhat, or almost, but the systems I have seen are very crude and extremely limited, which means the operator is very busy. I'm building this system as a challenge by my fellow wheelers at work that think I'm nuts already:flipoff2: It will be controlled by a programmable controller and will auto level up to a point dependent on the pitch and yaw. I'm also thinking of using "SONICS" in order to make it have an auto ride height depending on the terrain.
I WONT be giving out much more info than that, especially for when I get it finished and debugged, I will try to patent it. And yes its going on my Scout. :p
Thats my weekend.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I spent the weekend in FL at the PGA (Home of professional golf) didn't even have time to swing a stick.

Then yesterday coming home the plane developed problems so we had an emergency landing Miami. A few hours there, a few hours in DFW and I made it home at 7:00 PM PST. Total Travel time of 15 hours :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
jdjanda said:
I spent the weekend in FL at the PGA (Home of professional golf) didn't even have time to swing a stick.

Then yesterday coming home the plane developed problems so we had an emergency landing Miami. A few hours there, a few hours in DFW and I made it home at 7:00 PM PST. Total Travel time of 15 hours :rolleyes:

at least you got to spend a little time in Texas.

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
installed mallory points replacement system, had all sorts of trouble w/ it, so it took most of the weekend, and i got the inner rockers created and mounted. tonight try to get some wiring issues figured out, and get measurments for a metal order for wednesday....13 days untill launch, at stock height.

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Worked on Pickup

I worked on my white pickup, in addition to a bunch of domestic stuff. Mowed the grass, took the christmas lights down, etc.

Then, I wire brushed the cab of the pickup, and followed up with a liberal coating of Metal Ready. After that cured, I liberally coated everything with POR 15.

Then, I did some sanding and prep on the passenger quarter panel, and hosed it down with some rustoleum white. Did rust work on various other areas, and hosed two of the body mount bolts down with WD-40, to start them soaking.

To finish it off, I went over to Rusty's and grabbed a new passenger fender and bolted it on.

Next, I need to sand down that fender, fill a couple small dents and dings, yank the fender badge and replace it with the correct one, run out to Robs and grab a door and hood, then get serious about painting. Need to finish the rest of the cab, replace the headliner, etc, but I figured I would use Rustoleum for the rest of it and save the rest of my POR for the frame.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Hayraker said:

at least you got to spend a little time in Texas.
A little too much :flipoff2:

I spend a fair of amount of time in DFW area I've got three clients in the area. Too bad your four hours out, else I'd buy you a couple of :beer:

Next time I'm there over the weekend I'll give you a shout.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
jdjanda said:

A little too much :flipoff2:

I spend a fair of amount of time in DFW area I've got three clients in the area. Too bad your four hours out, else I'd buy you a couple of :beer:

Next time I'm there over the weekend I'll give you a shout.

Cool, I'm just a couple hours out. I've driven furthur for beer:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Re: Worked on Pickup

Hooper said:
Then, I wire brushed the cab of the pickup, and followed up with a liberal coating of Metal Ready. After that cured, I liberally coated everything with POR 15.
that actualy cure with as cold as it was out?

me:
friday: was my b-day, ate some cow, had some drinks
sat: i went to the fish market, bought 5 doz oisters ($25), downed a bottle of crown, another bottle of captins
sun: tuned up the old lady's probe, finished the case of guiness

1 - 20 of 25 Posts