Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the T-case installed and the TwinStick in. Set up the front axle sent Jesse the front shaft for lengthening and adding a CV to it.

Friday night I bribed my machinist with a SWEET T-bone steak to get the rest of the rear suspesion parts built today (Saturday) ~ I'll see him later today with them. :D ;)

Painted up my 2-link and built the Axle Truss (yes yours too Josh). Got the Aurora Rod Ends I'm using for both systems.

Built Josh's Lower Links, they'll be back from the coater on Tuesday/Wednesday. Building the Frame brackets for snoop et al. today.

Ordered and got Snoop's new wiring harness as well (PPP50410 ~ 8-curcuit ProStreet one ~ only $125!)

and some other stuff.

D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Test driving a customers car on Friday when a girl turned into my lane. Hit her head on. Totaled the car. Laid up with a back injury and a strained left arm. I guess Scout project is temporarily put on hold until I can move again....

Sean

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
damn sean sorry to hear about that, hope you feel better soon.

where you workin at now? i think your better off on the trail;) j/k..but i do hope you get well soon.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Snoopy said:
Painted up my 2-link and built the Axle Truss (yes yours too Josh). Got the Aurora Rod Ends I'm using for both systems.

Built Josh's Lower Links, they'll be back from the coater on Tuesday/Wednesday. Building the Frame brackets for snoop et al. today.

:D

Cool. Project begins the first weekend in April.

4 link rear on ford coils
44044's up front
20/205 doubler

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Re: Re: Weekend Report 3/22-3/23

JoshC said:

4 link rear on ford coils
44044's up front
20/205 doubler

I think that will be a killer suspension setup.

details on the doubler please.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Weekend Report 3/22-3/23

Hayraker said:

I think that will be a killer suspension setup.

details on the doubler please.
POBOY Doubler.

Cutting a 20 in half, building a second cross-member, and sticking a u-joint between the 20 and the divorced 205.

Cost = Materials for the cross-member. :D EDIT: and new drivelines.

·
Registered
871 Posts
had an "open house" thing, so no wheelin, put scout in storage....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
well, I'm still :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

My former roommate (those who got my email know) tried get a tow truck to take Clyde away.

Oh yeah, Fuel pump's out and need a carb rebuild.

Been too busy dealing with an asshole to do much work

NQS

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
OH MY

My rig has been in the hands of S & N Fab over the weekend:D It now sports a new 6 lug front 60 with full hyd steer, some new tube work in the rear, and a few other susp tweaks. Pics are coming soon. :D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Was fairly domestic for the weekend. Spent time at the in-laws!

BUT - I did pick up a new Scout on the cheap. I don't know what I am going to do with it but.... Better to have too many than not enough :D

Edit: I suppose I should add some tech: New Scouts stats:
1974 Scout II - Original Metal Half Cab. 258 I-6 with either a cracked head or blown head gasket, 3 Speed manual, D20 T-case, front Dana 30 w/disc brakes, some old, too big, 33" tires. Lots of rust, 2 mouse nests, and a funky smell! It was originally a county truck so it is done stock. Not even a radio.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Started cleaning out the fuel tank so I can line it. Took it to the car wash and blasted the hell out of the inside with the high pressure wand. Then took it home and dumped in the Marine Clean. After rotating tank every couple of hours I dumped it out the next day. Eeeeewwwww:

Then it was back to the carwash to rinse it out and then another dose of Marine Clean. When I dumped that out is was only slightly colored so I just rinsed it out and proceeded to etch the tank with Metal Ready. It's in the final position now, so I will be done etching when I get home tonight.

While all that was going on, I moved the front axle forward another inch, took some pieces of old pipe up to the exhaust shop, handed them to the guy and said, "bend me two tubes that look like this." Took those home and slipped them in place and they fit great!! So now I have exhaust tubes that leave the manifolds and follow the inside of the frame rails all the way back to the bend in the frame for the rear axle. I'll have to cut them off somewhere along the way to splice in the mufflers, so I have plenty to work with. Probably just go with a couple of Turbo mufflers... haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Accident

slipscomb said:
Test driving a customers car on Friday when a girl turned into my lane. Hit her head on. Totaled the car. Laid up with a back injury and a strained left arm. I guess Scout project is temporarily put on hold until I can move again....

Sean
Ouch. Sorry to hear that Slip... Rest up!!

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Domestic and Wrenching

Did a lot of domestic stuff. Mowed the lawn, fed it, planted some stuff, transplanted some stuff.

Then, I ran down an electrical problem on the pickup. I had tail lights and reverse lights on the driver side, but no turn signals or brake lights. Turned out there was a wire pulled loose out of the connector under the driver seat. Patched that up.

Then, sanded down and painted the tailgate, POR 15'd the bed, then used fine sandpaper and sanded down the body again, and clearcoated it. Also took the armrest and door latch from the crunched door and put it on the new door. Used up a couple cans of black rustoleum and high heat paint underneath.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: Weekend Report 3/22-3/23

JoshC said:

Cool man. Your Links just went to the powdercoater, I finished up some sanding on the Link-to-Frame mounts ~ Those will be in UPS today. Coil Buckets left last week sometime, if you haven't got them yet, figure today or tomorrow.

The only thing left is to finish up your truss and send the lower mounts, Grade8 hardware, Heims and missalignment spacers to ya. You should be seeing everthing by this weekend ~ that is is the snow we are getting tomorrow doesn't hold up UPS like it did last week.

D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Looks GREAT Scoutillac. You SNORT boys GET IT!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts