Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my new leaf spring Sat. ( replace the broken one from last weekend) While installing it, notice a long crack in the frame. :shaking:
Got side tracked with fix'in my back fence. The dog was getting out, so I had to get that done before the weekend was up.

The weather was super nice, warm, sunny.

Oh my new headlights showed up too. (amazon) I got the idea from Jerm83

Attachments

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Wheeled a bit, day trip into Spider Lake and walked on the lake (frozen). Pretty quiet out there and a first for wheeling without snow into January for me at least.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I installed knuckles and hi-steer. Got my arms and the rest of the hardware from PartsMike :smokin:, great guys to work with. Ordered an Aussie Locker as well for the front. No wheeling, I was on jackstands all weekend.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Watched North Dakota State win the National Championship on Saturday, and listened to the Falcons lose Sunday. I don't remember much more than that.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Installed a new Holley 2300 carburetor on my 71 Travelall. Bought it from Summit for $308 with shipping. It's not IH specific,but runs great. The old one wouldn't idle,had a sticking choke and sloppy throttle linkage.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Why is that guy taking a dump on your lawn?
:laughing::laughing:

zippo Scout related except I bought a new 727 case to replace my last screw up. Since I broke the last case, I bought a Jeep D-300 with a new twin stick, so I might convert the new tranny rebuild into a Jeep D-300 conversion and leave the Scout D-300 in the Traveler so I can get more money out of Jet-fxr when I sell it...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I feel like we're were all in a mortgage together this weekend, with being sold off and all....lol :grinpimp:

Dreamed of parts, engine swaps and tube doors. Nothing came true :( Guess I'll have to get off my ass and make those happen myself!

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Peeled apart the dash wiring and saved the portion that wasn't melted ( turn signal section ). checked it all out and it is still flexible so I will add some more to it for stereo, gauges and rock lights then connect it to the chevy harness and tape it all up again. Other than that just sat around since I am still under strict no driving orders from the doctor:mad3:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Helped all weekend buiilding the buggy for KOH. Fired it up for the first time with exhaust on it. Heard a knocking from the motor (lq9 out of a rolled escalade) Ended up pulling the motor out and apart. Found #6 piston cracked and the rod bent. Hopefully have the motor back together this week. Should have it all ready for the race. It is confirmed that I will be out it the remote pits with the scout.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have been resisting working on the Scout until I got everything in my new "shop" . This was the last load of steel to go in, probably 1k in there I have now squirreled away. At one time I must have had 4K of steel in there, but the tractor could barely drag it around the yard and I have to go down a fairly steep hill to get to the new shop so whats in there in the pic is just tablescraps. Now that the baggage cart is empty Ill need to find something to go in there:laughing:. I picked up a Waggy steering arm last week. Progress should be forthcoming

Attachments

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is confirmed that I will be out it the remote pits with the scout.
I hoped to make it down there again this year, but looks like a no go. Had a lot of fun last year.

Sounds like you will have some fun for sure. maybe the remote pit will be a back door so you can watch some action too :grinpimp:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Got a couple more parts for my tbi swap. Found a custom harness I want for 220, and I don't really feel like chopping the factory one up so that will be next. Buying a new daily driver so the harness will have to wait a few weeks. Should be ready to put in fuel injection early feb.

Hope you like those lights Craig, I love mine. See you at prairie city on the 15th.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts