Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to kick this off because I will be building my motor for the Hotrod. For tech if you use the roller rocker from Murphy's machine shop you will need to fab up spacers for your valve covers. The rockers are too tight to fit under the stock covers:mad3: I will update when I have the motor built. I also have the truck torn down for paint and powder coat. The goal is to blast around in it this spring:D Here's the link for the build.
http://www.ihonlynorth.com/forums/readers-rides/7484-34-hot-rod-pickup.html

And I also wanted to see if Chi has started on his Scout yet, I hear he has a killer shop now:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
SWEET ROD Robert!!!! Anything on the Terra we spoke about @ Fairplay last year? HaHa, i said sweet rod. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET ROD Robert!!!! Anything on the Terra we spoke about @ Fairplay last year? HaHa, i said sweet rod. :flipoff2:
"SWEET ROD" does sound a lot gay:eek:

Give me a call and I can let you know where the Tera is and if you want it, I will get you all set up. 406-670-0995

Attachments

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Today......Early this morning the weather forecast was for no precip until this evening.....so I went for a bike ride.:rolleyes:...........Right now there's a couple inches of snow at my place.......55 miles most of it in the snow.
That was a ride I won't forget any time soon!

Tomorrow I'm spending the day in the garage.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wheeled the Rubicon today, fun little trip watching some guy with a pretty much stock Jeep try and get up past the Granite Bowl with just two wheel drive :homer:. Scout did well, the new hi-steer was a major plus and no heating issues since flipping my fan. Aussie Locker arrived Friday, didnt install it, It will sit around until I return from school in four months but cant wait to wheel with it in the front. Went to a bonfire that same Friday, wheeled around a little, put shame to some Jeeps. I head back to school tomorrow meaning I am officially a web wheeler.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Yesterday I just stared at the scout for a few then headed to town and picked up 50' of 1 1/4" to fab something to hang the front sheet metal on. Came home and started searching for idea's.

I thought I saw a picture of ScoutBrokers junk without the front fenders on it but I can't find it. I did find a few other pictures of tube work up front but nothing has made my slow brain start ticking yet.

The search continues...........................

·
Registered
72 Posts
Found out i melted the number 6 piston. Had a fouled out plug pulled it out coated in aluminum. Took it out for a drive to try and finish it off broke a rear shock rallying the truck in the hills. All in all still runs like a strippid ass app.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The HR is looking good Robert:beer:

Yea I actually did something, if moving backwards counts:D I started stripping it down, off came the roll bar, SSII inserts, top, hood and dashboard. Filled my shop vac with debris twice:laughing:

Thats a new centec wiring harness thats been hiding in there for 10 years unseen. It looks to be in great shape. Those are raccoon turds nest to the wires, they climbed up through the inner fenders.

The heater will be coming out. Its from a old winnebago motorhome. It barely kept you warm on the highway in the winter here but worked great around town. It is really cool, one blower motor blowing out the bottom, and another in the squirrelcage. The SII defrost ducts fit on there perfectly. Anyone want it?

Its been 10 years since I worked on it in any real way, when I pulled the top off and got a look at it in my favorite configuration it gave me chills, Im really pumped to be back at it.

My first order of business is to put in some aluminum bracing along the door openings, then trim 2 inches off the bottom of the rockers. While thats going on I want to start roughing in the new cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Robert that thing is looking sweet!! You going to just mill out an aluminum spacer for the rockers? How much lift do you need?

Went on a road trip, vs wheeling, turns out the OHV park was closed for a motorcycle race.

Did get my am/fm antenna installed, so now I have a radio.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Picked up a new daily driver. Got turned away at prairie city along with Craig. Getting the new daily driver cleaned up and ready to roll.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts