Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday- Discharged from my chapter 13 last month so I got a letter from IRS wanting some $$ from my 2004 tax filing :rolleyes: So I get to handle it this week.

Saturday, worked a 10

Sunday, cleaned up the place, put a new battery in old ladys car, ran more food through dehydrator, bagged more in the vac sealer, packed up stuff I sold.

How say you?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
My weekend didn't go as planned just like normal.

I split a crap load of firewood and I wasn't able to get to troubleshoot my Loadstar brakes.

Maybe next weekend right? Bwahaha!

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Saturday It was a bit cold out (0 degrees). Partially installed a relay/fuse box in the scout until I couldn't feel my feet then went inside, got well medicated :smokin: drank some Sumatra and did a lot of reading.
Sunday Went into town to visit a friend at his shop. Checked out some :mr-t: turbo setup on some kids car. Left there and hit up the dispensary then Best Buy to pick up a Samsung Tablet for the wife.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sat- Worked 2 hours then went to the Easy Rider Bike Show. Had a date later that night.
Sun: Went to a swap meet in the morning, cleaned up the garage some and worked on getting the gas tank buttoned up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sat- Worked from 4am - 430pm. As much as I wanted to I didn't have the energy to work on the scout.

Sun- Took the wife and kids to the snow in pine mountain. Ate at Los Pinos Mexican restaurant. Some of you may know the place.

Tomorrow- Ill have to update tomorrow (day off) but plan on making a few block of plates. Getting out a broken eng mount bolt. And more cleaning.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Sat morning worked on a furnace install. In the afternoon proceeded to finish up the Scout wiring. Started it and drove it around only to notice a coolant leak. I looked, but can't tell where its coming from. Somewhere on the rad.:mad3:
Sunday decided to work on cleaning up the garage instead.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Drove my new engine for the first time..
Start off with the block from the old engine which is a 1968 4 bolt main GM performance block. Bored .030 over and zero decked. In that is a Howards rotating assembly http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hr...383f/overview/
Full roller valvetrain with this cam http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...?csid=176&sb=2
Heads are GM 186 castings... These are "camel hump" heads with large 2.02"/ 1.60" valves, 7/16 screw in studs, guide plates, 64cc chambers, ported....
Fuel supply is via a 4bbl throttle body http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Code=4150Style
an Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold.
Used a pair of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rn...make/chevrolet
Used the manifolds due to tight clearances. They say these manifolds will out flow most headers... New 2-1/2" into single 3" exhaust from Randys....
Same computer I've had for years... EBL_Flash
I've only had a few hours into tuning it. Idle isn't too bad so it's still wheelable but should have plenty of power for racing. I've only driven it under poor traction conditions so it's hard to say what it will do but it does feel about twice what the old engine was which was no slouch.....

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
12 Hour night shifts Friday thru Monday. Looked at the scout the one time I had to go in garage and kept walking. I did order the cable sifters the week before and they finally ship Friday and should be here Wednesday-ish so hope to have them in and working before going back to work on days next Friday. :smokin:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Went to the zoo with the kids. It was below freezing so we saw all the animals that are usually in hiding during the summer.

Finished one of these and loaded it into my pickup for delivery today:

Bronco guys will try anything apparently :D

Walked past my Cherokar - which appears to have developed a transmission leak. WTF? Stupid jeeps.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Sat: Snow wheeled to Uncle Tom's Cabin from Georgetown. We made it all the way to Ice-House & returned.

Sun: Unloaded & relaxed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Saturday woke up to go snow wheeling just to find a fuel leak:mad3: Ended up taking the carb and put in on the bench for a rebuild
Sunday-Relaxed

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Worked on installing 2" Foam Installation this weekend in my Rescue/RV. Preparing for KOH. Most of it is temporary till mid summer but for now this should keep me warm enough with a space heater at night.

I was able to slip in roofing OSB with the silver side up. Surprisingly just after the first row of sheeting the temp dropped inside. I did a roof walk test and was very happy with the strength.

Here's a before and after Pic takin from the rear of the truck.

Here's a before and after Pic takin from the front of the truck.

After all this work this weekend I think I'll be starting the build thread this week. Might as well.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Sat: Wheeled up to Uncle Tom's w/ Hunter, Darren, and a few others. Chatted w/ Mocha Mike for a bit and f'ed around for a while up there.
Sun: Went skiing.
All and all, a good weekend up in the cold!:smokin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts