Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
misterfubar said:
That's a real good question.

Right now the plans for the front are new brakes, hysteer arms, ARB, 35 spline outers, chromos, probably drive flanges(haven't decided) new bearings and seals, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to paint it purple just to irk Mechanos. :flipoff2: I'm open to opinions as none of my plans are in stone right now.

The rear will get discs(still looking at all my options) a detroit, and it may or may not get new bearings... it's out of a 97 and looks pretty clean, so I'll play that by ear.

Still haven't decided what ratio I'll be running, it's not a DD but the wife and I like to run errands in it, and I drive it to work a lot. Probably 4.56's and 39.5's

I'd like to have them completely built before I even think about putting them under the Scout. My financial manager(wife) has complete control over my budget so I may have them done in 6 months, or 6 years.
You paint it purple and Mechanos will be the least of your worries :flipoff2:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Froze, wheeled, killed the R&P in my front D60, drank, & played spotter the rest of the weekend. Oh well, add another thing to my rebuild list.

·
Registered
257 Posts
busy weekend...

way busy but here are a few of the many things I did (most not IH related)

I did manage to put my CB setup togther:

got my ghetto antenna silencer:

...and I put in one way screws to mount my radio to make it hard to steel:

I even managed to decorate the house: :cool2:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Cajun said:
Froze, wheeled, killed the R&P in my front D60, drank, & played spotter the rest of the weekend. Oh well, add another thing to my rebuild list.
You broke 5.13 HP 60 gears? How'd you pull that off?

·
Registered
778 Posts
tsm1mt said:
You broke 5.13 HP 60 gears? How'd you pull that off?
Good question, it really surprised me too.

It was wet last weekend, so I was running in single low and giving the 460 a pretty good workout. I didn't run any trails hadn't done before, but the conditions were way worse. I don't know exactly when it broke, we were leaving one trail heading to another and I heard this "clunk" coming from the front end that seemed to be in time with the rotation of the tires. It wouldn't do it at idle, so I was doing as easy of a front dig as you can do :D , and it made the most God-awful teeth shattering noise. I limped back to camp in 2WD, pulled the cover and I had a perfect pinion gear shaped section of teeth missing from my ring gear. In retrospect the "clunk" was probably from a single chipped or broken tooth on the ring gear, and when that tooth got around to the pinion during the front dig, to quote Tombstone, "the strain was more than it could bear."

I didn't think I was being that hard on it, and I figured that my stock Spicer u-joints would be the first to go in my front end.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Sat: Xmas tree cutting in the AM. Then that afternoon was work's Xmas party. It was work's first chance to see my new face :D , all in all went well. The wife and I left when radiology started getting shitfaced and the band started. My boss told me the next day I left at a good time.

Sunday: Worked on the house and had a difference of opinion with the wife about it. She won.

This week I'm still off so I'm going to try and finish the drivetrain swap into the 68.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Went for A drive in the snow,wasnt really enough to have fun in.Our mountains arnt even completely covered yet,still A lot of dirt in the sunny spots.SO,cant wait for more storms.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts