Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
The weekend is only half over!!

Anyhow, today my roomate and I spread 10 yards of gravel. Tomorrow study dispatching stuff. I am going to be on the floor on monday, so I have to get my shit together.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Got rid of 3 ton's of Scout stuff! Finally started getting rid of parts and Scouts I have been keeping and not working on or using. Still need to sell or give away pile leaf springs I'm not using. Maybe I could make some yard art all my neighbors would like:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Took my trailer and my neighbor out in the country about an hour to pick up a POS junk trailer that he bought for cheap. It has 1" diameter vines growing up through the deck planks. :laughing: It was nose into the fence row with a huge Fuller heavy truck transmission blocking it in the rear. Just hook a chain on it and drug it in the open. Then we had to winch it up on top of my trailer since it was just as wide as mine. Ended up with it's wheels sitting ontop of my trailers fenders and then just chained it down. Took all day to go up there, load it, eat lunch, drive back, and unload it.

Started making a plywood mock up of my T19 to 203 adapter. Didn't make in to the metal store today with the trailer deal, so I'll have to wait until Monday before I pick up a piece of 6061 to make the adapter.

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Started to clean out the garage so I could get my junk in there for winter upgrades. Aside from tools, I don't have much stuff in there. It's all other people's and I don't feel right deciding what they should keep or throw out, and nobody wants to help.

Today I'm going to go to a friend's and help him with whatever he has planned.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
went duck hunting, only got 2 shit birds... other then that, its been raining and freezing outside. its the last week of school so im gettin ready to write a 3pg paper and take a test, and i have a x-mas party tonight, and all my homework needs to be done by tonight... im gonna be busy:flipoff2:

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Building stuff for others

However, I did get a little something in the mail Saturday.

These are from RuffStuff. I'm going to be toying around with them on the YJ build. O'm in talked with another guy about aquiring a Scout II from him. Afte seeing this stuff, I think I'll be ordering another set of what you see for a 4-link front and back scout. Won't happen till January/Feb...but its in the works

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Well, my Sunday plans changed a bit. Binderbound called me up late Saturday night and asked if I wanted to go on a truck run to Roseburg. Never one to turn down a good time, I went. Took all day, but had a good time, and brough this home. It's squirrled away now in Binderbound's super secret hiding place, wait for the right time to reappear!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Saturday, cleaned up the shop for the bubba dodge that's coming in next week. Made plans to pick up above 59 'B' 120.

Sunday, retrieved above truck. Truck is really straight. It has problems like seized clutch, no rubber parts left in it, driver door won't shut. But it is a clean slate. Simple wiring, wide open engine bay, pure cool factor, and it was free.it does have the original BD264 with a 2 bbl intake. I'm half tempted to try and get a 4.3 FI set up to run it.

BTW, my new dodge pulled it effortlesly at 16.3 mpg round trip. I'm sure the tow home was the fastest that 'B' has ever gone. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm half tempted to try and get a 4.3 FI set up to run it.
Better hurry!!
John is promising to be the first person to FI a 240.
But he has said that for a while!!
I am working on aquiring a 60 B100 travelall with 240 as we speak....
so time is ticking!! And I know how long some of your projects take!!:)
You have 12mo from now to get it done before I start!!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
binderbound said:
Saturday, cleaned up the shop for the bubba dodge that's coming in next week. Made plans to pick up above 59 'B' 120.

Sunday, retrieved above truck. Truck is really straight. It has problems like seized clutch, no rubber parts left in it, driver door won't shut. But it is a clean slate. Simple wiring, wide open engine bay, pure cool factor, and it was free.it does have the original BD264 with a 2 bbl intake. I'm half tempted to try and get a 4.3 FI set up to run it.

BTW, my new dodge pulled it effortlesly at 16.3 mpg round trip. I'm sure the tow home was the fastest that 'B' has ever gone. :laughing:
Hurry up with the BD efi conversion -- people have been yacking about it for 2 years plus ---- and nobody has made it happen --- Even the so called IH 6 experts :p :p

I'll even donate some parts and a days labor to see it happen.

I figure all you need is a fatty alum. adapter plate for the TB --- some duraspark parts off a Ford I-6 -- the basic 4.3 TBI package from the JY - and a fuel pump. It should work off the stock chip - adjust fuel pressure up or down as needed :D

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
I put some rollers that hold air on my new frame and experimented with raising the frame height for better brakeover angle, but it caused some other problems. I guess I either need some bigger tires or longer shackles:flipoff2:

Leftover from last weekend, Mech resting between rounds wrestling a 250 lb greasy icy pig

And Mech and Misterfubar getting the fawk out of dodge before it turned black outside

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts