Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
uglyscout said:
Hurry up with the BD efi conversion -- people have been yacking about it for 2 years plus ---- and nobody has made it happen --- Even the so called IH 6 experts :p :p

I'll even donate some parts and a days labor to see it happen.

I figure all you need is a fatty alum. adapter plate for the TB --- some duraspark parts off a Ford I-6 -- the basic 4.3 TBI package from the JY - and a fuel pump. It should work off the stock chip - adjust fuel pressure up or down as needed :D
The distributor is a small problem. You need to get an computer controlled HEI off of the last of the chebbie I-6 250's used in the mid-80's. The ford unit won't work.

That is what stopped me, but not for much longer.

You want to donate parts and labor? I have the guinea pig. I figger now that we have you, binderbound, and me in the same neighborhood, it can happen. You two have the EFI assembly know-how, and I have the "what-fit's-what" knowledge.

Oh... tech.

I started a BD264 swap in an S-120 :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
X-mas party friday night, was ok but then a few of us went out and played pool..much better!

Put up the tree and decorations Sat.

Sunday wheeled a bit in the Dodge and ran a few late X-mas tree hunters off the road :evil: . I hate seeing chevys with 6" lifts and 35s driving on nice dirt roads like they are navigating a real obsticle. Then went out to dinner with the In-Laws and ate lots of good beef!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The distributor is a small problem. You need to get an computer controlled HEI off of the last of the chebbie I-6 250's used in the mid-80's. The ford unit won't work.
Challenge???
Someone send me a BD240 distr and i will make an EFI distr out of it!!

Oh and for my latest tech...I assembled this over the weekend.
Still got some more engineering on the FI.
It's a 1.3L with a Mini TB and Caviler(sp) DIS. I will be running the V8 7747 or the 8746 as before. But the DIS will be neat as an option for the IH running the GM TBI or MPFI.
I think coil on plug will be a little too difficult for the old 7747ECM!!:)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
binderbound said:
What about just welding a 4.3 dist to a 2xx shaft? Then, you still have the lower drive gear with the modern dist up top.

Bill- I'm gonna win on that challenge. I'm gonna drop a 4.3/700r4 in it for now while I rebuild the 264. So I guess I'll have my rig injected by then.
ummm... IH 6's don't have drive gears. :D

They have a dog and slot arrangement for the ignition, the oil pump is driven by a gear that meshes with the camshaft, and then there is a tower shaft that passes through the oil pump drive gear to the hole where the distributor is with the dog on it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
binderbound said:
What about just welding a 4.3 dist to a 2xx shaft? Then, you still have the lower drive gear with the modern dist up top.

Bill- I'm gonna win on that challenge. I'm gonna drop a 4.3/700r4 in it for now while I rebuild the 264. So I guess I'll have my rig injected by then.
Flag on the play!!!
I'll go along with the 4.3 inj on the 264 with the 700R4 behind it!!
Now your talking tech.
Ain't no tech in plug and play!! Next you will buy a jeep!! and sip Lattes.

(wait... I hope Cappucinos don't fall into that category...there's some good coffee over here!!)

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Wheeled Sunday and logged data from my ECU. Rained like a mutha and had trouble with loosing power to the laptop so it took several tries to get anything. Now I think I have the data but the laptop doesn't want to work from being too wet. :mad3:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Drove the scout to my friends house so I wouldn't get stuck in the snow.... 65 miles each way and 18 gallons later....:flipoff2:
GAS HOG:flipoff2:
Although it was up and down mountain roads.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,219 Posts
fawk, i thought my mialage was bad:flipoff2:

not much here, just tuned in the 32 36 a little more. Need to order a couple jets, then I can actually tune it to how it should be.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Ran some speaker wire, new outlets and HDMI cable in my walls for the TV my wife insisted on mounting above the fireplace. Went to my sister's Festivus Craptacular party. Did christmas at the foster-in-laws, still have have 2 or 3 christmas parties to go and I'm already sick of it.

Not much Scout related, although I did clean up my recently aqcuired D60/14 bolt(Thanks again Chiscouter) and discovered the 60 already has 4.56's in it, that takes a little money off of my ginourmous budget that my financial manager(wife) still hasn't approved.

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
:laughing: Pulled off my rear pig of a bumper to add more weight to it. :laughing:

Anybody else's rear crossmember ears bending down where the body mounts sit? Looks like I need to weld in some angle....

Found a CUCV 1 ton long bed truck with the 6.2, th400, 208, d60/14bolt, bla~bla....

Odometer says 53K....someone previously has installed a Banks Kit and a 4 inch lift. Owner wants $2,000.00 obo.

To bad its Christmas time.....Gotta brainwash the Wife into realizing I need this for a project truck. I'd love to bob the rear cut up the front and stick 40+ tires on it. :grinpimp:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts