Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday: Started out the day doing public parking for the Pacific NW Truck Museum's annual truck show. Got to see plenty of class 8 bling and bunches of historical trucks. It's a great time every year.

Spent the rest of the day at my gun clubs annual picnic. I competed in the shotgunning event and hit all my birds on the the "******* drive-by" stage. Basically it's sitting on a folding chair shooting the birds througha truck window. My roomate came in third in shot gunning and third in the 200 yard free standing shoot.

Sunday: Put my driver's side gas tank back into my pickup. Had to fab up a new mount for the rear strap and replaced all the rubber lins running to the tank. Going to go start on the passenger's side tank today.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
More jeep fixing, house baby-prepping, and yard work. Traded my xbox for a Taurus PT145 and went and shot about 1800 rounds of various calibers at various targets and no Scout progress again. It's still on the back burner and the pilot lights not even lit.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Flat towed my barn find (more like a salvage operation) 1100 2x p-up to the farm with my 800. The straights werent bad, but since I had to tie the steering wheel in a straight ahead orientation the corners were exciting. The p-up would try to push the 800 straight instead of turning the corner. The one steep hill was a worry kinda but I decided to put the truck in 4th and let its engine keep the speed under control.:eek:

It was either drag it 20 miles out in the country and let the pack rats reside in it, or leave it in or near town and let the neighborhood rats beat the windows out for me.

Then I unhooked the tow bar and the family went fishing till the skeeters got bad.

Sunday the wife and I went out to eat and I bought her mothers day gift.:(

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Took a trip to the Steens Mountains in Eastern Oregon.

I saw a Scout on the way there, but otherwise nothing IH...

Keiger Gorge

Little Blitzen

Moon rise at the summit

Sunrise at the Steens Summit

And wildlife

A mustang stallion with cougar battle scars

Over all a great trip

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Moved my motor mounts back a few inches, everything fit with only a little firewall modification. while everything was out I put in some look a like dynamat to help with road noise and heat.

thread here
You mounting a jet engine in it? :flipoff2: Are those cats too?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Koth

Our 4x4 club held the 6th annual King of the Hill competition this past weekend. It was a blast but I'm still recovering from all the activity. I'm glad we only do this once a year. Here are a couple of my fav's for the day. :smokin:

The event webpage...

A 6 min vid...

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
You mounting a jet engine in it? :flipoff2: Are those cats too?
Might as well be:flipoff2: The engine is moving back 2 1/2" and now the motor and tranny is very close to the body. Yes those are cats, I cobbled together an exhaust out of what I had to make the Con last year and it's still there. :shaking:

I plan to run 2.5" out both sides and crossed under the bell housing and into a scavenging Y-pipe. (Summit Racing. Part #FLO-Y250300) Then 3" into a muffler. After the muffler I will used a long taper reducer back down to 2.5" and dump on the drivers side. Or just pay the local muffer shop to put one in.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Our 4x4 club held the 6th annual King of the Hill competition this past weekend. It was a blast but I'm still recovering from all the activity. I'm glad we only do this once a year. Here are a couple of my fav's for the day. :smokin:

The event webpage...

A 6 min vid...

Looks like a damn good time. Let me know if there is ANY 4x4 events in Southern Alabama. My Son has a place down at Red Level that he is at on the weekends. During the week he is at his place at Ft Walton beach. I would like to do some woods wheeling when I go visit him.:smokin:

RS290, I take it that you are required to run cats? I know with my Blown BBC in the Scout in Colorado, it passed emissions with a non cat exhaust. :p

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,940 Posts
Got some work done on the Scout, nothing really Pirate worthy to report, reinforced the mid body mounts in prep for new body bushings, picked up a used set of 32" Super Swampers, kinda small for the 14B, but for now I only have the 4 cyl and 4.10 gears...need to find 8 lug 17" rims cheap...

Shaved the lip on the 14B, nothing too major, kept all the cover bolts, but smoothed it out pretty well.

img034.jpg

img038.jpg

I joined the IH community... :D
Welcome...what happened to the Dodge? I'm guessing the Scout in your sig is the new ride? BTW, we are all IH assholes :flipoff2:

found a place for my jack thats out of the way and choped firewood... yay :rolleyes:
Good spot for the hi-lift...I'm guessing you got that bent valve fixed?

Traded my xbox for a Taurus PT145 and went and shot about 1800 rounds of various calibers at various targets and no Scout progress again. It's still on the back burner and the pilot lights not even lit.
Good trade, real guns are so much better than video games.:grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts