Pirate 4x4 banner

Weekend Update....June 21 - 22.

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Rock Tractor 
#1 · (Edited)
I have lots of updates...but I pulled this bitch out of the garage:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-road vehicle

A couple weekends ago I installed some gas struts that I have been hoarding around since 2002...:shaking: So nice to not have to use the good old 2x4 hood prop. I am super pissed at myself that it only took a good 30min to do the install after laying it all out. Sad actually...
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Hood Hardtop

New tranny pan still leaks...I even used my torque wrench and such. Not sure what I am doing wrong...but it is really pissing me off. Mainly because this pan sits lower than my frame and will be forcing me to build a skid plate.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Off-road vehicle

Now I need to unbury my trailer and get the pig to the exhaust shop. That will probably happen next week as we are having concrete put in this week.

See less See more
#4 ·
Ive spent lots of time on the scout with little to show:
-dismounted and mounted 3 of 4 beadlocks.
-made a slot MAF with the help of a buddy that can TIG
-finished the tcase tunnel cover
-clearanced for steering
-skinned the belly pan with UHMW
-built and skinned a tranny skid
-wrapped the exhaust in DEI titanium wrap to keep the heat out of the floor some more
-ordered lots of motor parts
-tried to figure out how to use a fucking pc laptop so I can tune my new motor
-finisheds mocking up the rear quarter panel protection
-bent the tube for the front stinger/bumper
-put some new fuel rails together
-redid the vac lines on the upper intake
-wired some more shit
-and other stuff.

Im fucking tired. Tomorrow is motor assembly day, then reinstall, and hope to have it tuned and running friday morning so I can take my eldest to the con for the first time.

#8 ·
New tranny pan still leaks...I even used my torque wrench and such. Not sure what I am doing wrong...but it is really pissing me off. Mainly because this pan sits lower than my frame and will be forcing me to build a skid plate.
When I dropped the trans pan on my POS suburban I found that several of the bolts were stripped. I used The Right Stuff to seal it up and there hasn't been a hint of a drip in over a year.

#13 ·
I used that stuff once on my oil pan. To get the pan off I had to use a razor blade in a pair of vise grips to cut it off. :evil:

Been busy working on everything but the Scout. I did hit picknpull today to find some donor cars to fix my steering box. Found a 78 olds that should be the ticket. Will find out once I pull it apart.

Need to make some changes to the shackles in the front setup.
I did the frame through for a RS setup, but need to add a brace as they are 6" long and seem to eat up the bushings.

Need to loose some weight too. Might loose the rear tire carrier or at least find an aluminum rim. The top is coming off and making some cut down doors.

#9 ·
Worked, in the middle of two 7 night runs with one night off in the middle (OT BABY), which was last night. I did hide in the garage and get the wire harness for the daughters 800 cut down last night though. With the extra OT i am able to order the new gears and the spools for the trail rig Friday :smokin:

#12 ·
Wheeled part of the 'Con with 1966scout800 on Friday/Saturday. Ran into Rock Tractor on the way out and had a nice short chat. Took a long drive on the way out to Ox Bow Reservoir and slashed the water a little bit. Just managed to mangle my trans cross member that had fatigued over the years so a new one is in the works.

Attachments

#20 ·
plug ugly:26445473 said:
not bringing the scout, but would ride along if you guys try to do a trip within reasonable distance (day trip out of bend). Gonna be there the 1st through the 8th I think
There is a rock crawl event happeneing at the groundhog rock quarry just outside of bend tomorrow. I was planning on going but my knee surgery had other plans.

http://www.deschutescounty4wheelers.com/Archive/Groundhog%202012/Groundhog%20Map.jpg

Terry, not sure if you'd want to make the 3hr drive for one day of wheeling but I could haul both our rigs with my new trailer and split the gas.

Or we could try hoodoo, its only 2.5 hrs away and make Damon drive a little further. :flipoff2:

#21 ·
Terry, not sure if you'd want to make the 3hr drive for one day of wheeling but I could haul both our rigs with my new trailer and split the gas.

Or we could try hoodoo, its only 2.5 hrs away and make Damon drive a little further. :flipoff2:
We should try to put something together, Hoodoo is worth a try. Its only an hour or so from Bend. The weekend of the 4th would be a horrible weekend to go, but maybe we can find a week day?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.