Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a little late night snow run up to Iron mountain. The snow was deep as hell. I borrowed a set of 44" swampers and was damn near unstopable, but BIG tires turn into BIG Stuck:D I can't believe how well the 44's work in the snow:D

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Damn it Kev...

This is no good...I can not get excited with out a visual.

Sounds like you had a great time. I can not wait to get my rig out from under the TARP....uhhh I mean COVER:D

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Harvester of Sorrow said:
...I can not get excited with out a visual.
Whoa... easy there fella. That's got to be some kind of oversharing violation!!!!

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Snow Wheeling

I went out on Saturday. Had a great time. Didn't wheel a lot in the snow, as it was really a sledding trip, not a wheeling trip, but I did get some wheeling in. Had to drive up a FS road that some kids had turned into a sledding run (on some previous day, no kids on it when we drove up it). Consequently, it was nice and icy, with a decent slope. I like the way the new tires handled the ice/snow. Crawled right up it, and never spun a tire, even without airing down.

Oh, I incorrectly posted that my BIL had 36's on his rig. He actually has 38's, and yes, they do rub. He trimmed his rear wheel well all the way back to the bed rib, but is still hitting. Didn't see any rubbing in the front though. He is still learning to drive it, had a little trouble with the ice, but we managed to get him up the hill without winching. Almost caught a tree though...

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like you had fun....

BTW I think I can put 38's under with no problem - should be able to put 44's under with out rubbing in the back. I got lots of room now. :D

Ritch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts