Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this may be a dumb question but i have to ask any way. I am getting a mobile home trailer and need to know if i can pull it behind my girlfriends daily driver. She has a 01 chevy blazer 4x4. The trailer has 2 axles and is 45 ft long. My F250 is in the shop getting a new trans. Can i do it? The trailer has to be out of the persons yard by tomorrow and it is 40 miles away.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
umm no.. but go ahead and do it but take lots of pics of the carnage.. not even worth trying.. hell we moved a trailer park trash trailer with a dodge 2500 that was turned up and it took all that truck had..and then some.

payton

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
is it just the frame?? or is the whole thing there?

if its empty..it MIGHT do it..just go slow..have a chase vehicle if ya can...

if its full..prolly call a wrecker service and have them move it..it'll cost ya..but not as much as the repair bill/accident if ya try it with the blazer...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
If its just a trailer you may be able to do it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is just the trailer. I might see if the guy will cut it where i want it to be cut then take it that way. I got to do something by tomorrow b/c i could really use a trailer for my rig.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Tagged for pics, hope you were done with the girlfriend.

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
And nobody has posted the S-10 blazer towing the huge ass fiver? Disappointing.
That pic is like the Goatse of towing and hauling.
And the video of the little 4 banger european econobox pulling the huge camper up the steep hill, and then coming down bass-ackwards is equivalent to the tub girl video.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
ive moved a few mobile home frames with my half ton suburban and it was no prollem. they are really not that heavy with nothing on them.

there are 2 prollems that you will have:
1) even as light as they are there is too much tongue weight for something like that. this is an s10 type blazer,right? when i moved one of the frame around the yard with my 86 cherokee,it squatted it down to the bumpstops. i wouldnt have wanted to take it out on the road like that.

2) even as light as they are,its too much for the brakes of a little blazer to try and get it stopped. getting it moving is no prollem,but stopping may be something else.

if you can find a way to deal with the tongue weight,go slow and be very careful. i personally would try and find something bigger. even an half ton van would be a better option than a little blazer.

no matter what you move it with,have a chase vehicle in case you run into some corners that you cant get around and need to block traffic. on narrow country roads most of the time the only way to get around corners is to turn from the left lane into the left lane or you risk taking out stopsigns,mailboxes,or whatever else is there :D

it will help some if you can cut off the rear overhang where you need it and strap it to the trailer to haul off. less swing around the corners deffinately helps.

you are more likely to get into trouble with the law over the width,not the length. if you plan to incorporate whatever side pieces are there into your trailer design,cut them down to where youll use them. a MH can be 8, 10, or 12 feet wide and the max allowed width for something operated on the road is 102", so the 10 and 12 footers are definately too wide if you leave those side peices the way they are. if youre not going to use them, go ahead and cut them all off before hitting the road with it.

good luck :)

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Did Not Try It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good choice!
I pulled a 55 foot Mobile Home trailer with my 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel, 10 miles on Country Roads with a chase vehicle. It was no problem starting it moving, but the stops were a bitch and turns were almost impossible. Don't know how those MH Movers do it. Luckely, the trailer was empty. The trailer brakes were in-op and the tires were rotted.

Had to air up the bags a bunch too. We never exceeded 45 mph. And pulled over every 2 miles to let the little old farmers on their tractors pass us.:D

I cut down the MH frame to a 30 foot flat bed.

40 miles would have been a killer for me.

Curtis

·
Registered
858 Posts
Is it in Texas... there really big down here... ask the guy from Rhome? The Pope blessed his trip to haha...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts