Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, I’m having trouble with my 93 YJ if anyone can help me out. My jeep has been making some weird sweaking noises. The sound I thought was coming from the alternator but I went to get it checked it was fine. The guy at auto zone said it might be one of my bearings or one of the pulleys. Also if I stall out at anytime. My jeep want crank back up, I have to push it so I can pop the clutch to start it. My fan belt is a little cracked but they said that wouldn’t be making the noise. So if anybody can help a newbie out I would sure appreciate.

·
Registered
297 Posts
belt would be the first thing I accuse.. belts are cheap anyway, replace yours if it's cracked.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the fanbelt this morning and its still making the sweaking noise it must be something else???

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Get new idler pulleys. I just replaced another one out of two not 3 weeks ago. Mine sounded like a loud screeching when I started it up when it was cold out. I changed pulleys and voila no more awful sound that got me weird looks in the HS parking lot. Get two and change them at the same time. At most they are like 30 bucks for both.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had squeaking coming from the water pump impeller and it was grinding into the body of the water pump and there were aluminum shavings everywhere. We thought the problem was coming from an idler pulley so we replaced them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts