Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i bought the 44044 brand new because they seem to be a wicked front spring.. now i still need rear springs

so i was thinking. can i do the rears up front hybrid and take out a few leafs from the 44044 and stick them in the back?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya their is..... rears up front are good, 44044s are good

has anyone used them in the rea
r
i serched and some scout guy used them in the back and loved them

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
83toyoBC said:
i serched and some scout guy used them in the back and loved them

This is the Toy forum... :flipoff2:

Anyway, I still don't see what you are trying to achieve here. I am pretty sure that the 44044's are shorter than stock toy rears, so if you did run that in the back you'd get a shitty shackle angle. And they're designed for the weight of a V8 sittin over 'em, not a Toyota bed :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lots of jeepers run 44044's F & R . I think one of the aussies on the board has done it in a Toy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah thye are designed for the weight of a v8 SPU..... and if you take some leaves out im sure they will be fine..

ill try them in the back and see what happenens..

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I think they will probably bend in the rear.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I think 44044s are the worst riding springs I have ever driven in a Toyota. I can only guess that the people who say how great they are have never run a decent spring. I know someone will post a pic of their rig with the opposite corners jacked on rocks saying how awsome they are, but semi truck spings will flex when put in that situation. Back in the day when they were dirt cheap, I can see why people ran them even though they sucked compared to custom springs, but with several companies offering better springs comparably priced I don't see why anyone would run them. If you want to go cheap, use rear springs up front.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i have decided not to mount them in the rear for many different reasons

i got them pretty cheap at 400 canadian no tax brand new from jeap thrills...

ive ridden in a toy with them and i love the ride they give..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts