Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Got my 05 H2 last month

Picked up my clean stock '05 H2 Luxury last month (air suspension, chrome pkg etc). It's got the "Desert Sand" paint (green or gray or goldish depending on light). I like it a lot so far, and while I had some concerns about the driveline (some odd clunks from underneath now and then, and an odd vibration at ~65mph under partial throttle), everyone including a former Hummer mechanic says it was nicely cared-for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
so... kind of slow in this forum, huh? someone needs to do a really radical build and drum up some interest.

tell you what, I volunteer. I just need some donations :D About $20K ought to cover it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep... I have one.
It's a 2007 H3, base model...
I got freakin' pissed at it too, but I still dig it.
Mine is different, I tore out the 3.7, 4L60e, and transfer case, after the fire behind the dash, which was after the trans was going out, when the Pass Lock issue came up, but before the broken exhaust manifold bolt.
Don't get me wrong, I like it.
But I needed more power, less body, a solid axle...
I needed... way more.
So, I chopped the radiator support out of my Suburban and out came the big block, 4L80e, the wiring harness, gauge cluster, and brake master cylinder...
I can already hear it... but I don't care.
Yes, I'm cutting the hell out of the firewall, the transmission tunnel, cutting the roof off the back, gutting the interior, etc...
I've stalled on it this month because the oil pan finally rotted through on the Durango I picked up for a driver.
I've got a few pics of where I'm at if ya'll wanna see them...
Normally, with me, it's a "Hold my Beer" kinda life, so if you don't have pictures, it didn't happen.
You Pirates have got some wicked cool rides in here..!
One last thing, I'm not at all "Brand" biased, if you built it the way you PERSONALLY want to... I'll probably think it's cool, I could care less about what factory it came from.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a long time stalker of Pirate 4x4 and never noticed this section. Well i finally registered and this is my first post. Proud owner of a Blue 2010 H3t.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
More info! I know what you mean...no more 5 cyl or IFS for me. Interested in your build

Yep... I have one.
It's a 2007 H3, base model...
I got freakin' pissed at it too, but I still dig it.
Mine is different, I tore out the 3.7, 4L60e, and transfer case, after the fire behind the dash, which was after the trans was going out, when the Pass Lock issue came up, but before the broken exhaust manifold bolt.
Don't get me wrong, I like it.
But I needed more power, less body, a solid axle...
I needed... way more.
So, I chopped the radiator support out of my Suburban and out came the big block, 4L80e, the wiring harness, gauge cluster, and brake master cylinder...
I can already hear it... but I don't care.
Yes, I'm cutting the hell out of the firewall, the transmission tunnel, cutting the roof off the back, gutting the interior, etc...
I've stalled on it this month because the oil pan finally rotted through on the Durango I picked up for a driver.
I've got a few pics of where I'm at if ya'll wanna see them...
Normally, with me, it's a "Hold my Beer" kinda life, so if you don't have pictures, it didn't happen.
You Pirates have got some wicked cool rides in here..!
One last thing, I'm not at all "Brand" biased, if you built it the way you PERSONALLY want to... I'll probably think it's cool, I could care less about what factory it came from.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Shaun Kite from Las Vegas, NV. My recently purchased 97 Wagon-
Welcome, looks like you bought Mikkel's old H1

I've been a long time stalker of Pirate 4x4 and never noticed this section. Well i finally registered and this is my first post. Proud owner of a Blue 2010 H3t.
Welcome nice looking T

·
Registered
21 Posts
More info! I know what you mean...no more 5 cyl or IFS for me. Interested in your build
Hey 06 H3..! How are ya..? Yes, I was originally "sp33dfr33k" and I have no clue what happened there...
I know ya had a great time on U.A., man I didn't think they'd EVER get that video done and up on MTOD... LOL... and I thought for sure I'd see more of your rig in the footage too...
Well, the 454 wouldn't even have been a realistic option without seriously altering the physics, in my opinion, so I just pushed it off on the side for a while, but I'm back into it now, I've gotten the preliminary cut off the rear of the roof, and I'm actually just doing a smallblock swap, but not an LS, everybody has one (no offense). I've got the lovers finished and going on, and then it got cold as death, so I stopped for now. Thanks for you interest, you'll see a "what NOT to do to your Hummer" thread soon.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Hey 06 H3..! How are ya..? Yes, I was originally "sp33dfr33k" and I have no clue what happened there...
I know ya had a great time on U.A., man I didn't think they'd EVER get that video done and up on MTOD... LOL... and I thought for sure I'd see more of your rig in the footage too...
Well, the 454 wouldn't even have been a realistic option without seriously altering the physics, in my opinion, so I just pushed it off on the side for a while, but I'm back into it now, I've gotten the preliminary cut off the rear of the roof, and I'm actually just doing a smallblock swap, but not an LS, everybody has one (no offense). I've got the lovers finished and going on, and then it got cold as death, so I stopped for now. Thanks for you interest, you'll see a "what NOT to do to your Hummer" thread soon.

Great to see you back. No offense taken on the swap. No one did a I5 to 5.3 DIY swap at the time and said it wouldn’t fit, it wouldn’t work blah blah blah so I had to prove the naysayers wrong. GM did modify the firewall for the 5.3 but the motor still fit.

Do you have pics of the build you have going on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
There ya are..!
It's really in the "Do I want to keep cutting" phase, and I'm not enjoying this cold snap...
Yeah, I've got a few pics, I'll have to see if the links work out...
I had to get back in the swing of things, so I was watching the U/A again today...
LOL, If you need more flares, send me a p.m., mine aren't going back on... Just hackin' on ya... I'll post those for ya'...

·
Registered
9 Posts
M1038 Project HMMWV Battlewagon, M1045A2, M1102

Howdy all.
I joined Pirate4x4 in the early 2000s when I had a Jeep TJ. Wheeled a bit for a year or so, then moved on to family vehicles when we started popping out little ones.

I bought a HMMWV M1038 from the Army and have used it as my daily driver for the past couple of years. I run an outdoor gear review website. So, we branded it the "Project HMMWV Battlewagon" and have used it as a platform to review lots of upgrades, DIY projects, maint, etc. As our mobile field office. For hunting and hauling gear for my son's Scout troop. The Battlewagon also gets a lot of use as the marketing vehicle that we take to events, shows, brand visits, etc. I've got an M1102 trailer for hauling stuff. Thinking of outfitting it as an Overland/Expedition trailer, but haven't had time yet.

Just bought an M1045A2 via auction and am waiting on the paperwork so I can go retrieve it from the USMC. It looks like shit, as it has been sitting out in the Georgia humidity for years. But some Simple Green and a pressure washer will make it looks like damned near a new truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howdy all.
I joined Pirate4x4 in the early 2000s when I had a Jeep TJ. Wheeled a bit for a year or so, then moved on to family vehicles when we started popping out little ones.

I bought a HMMWV M1038 from the Army and have used it as my daily driver for the past couple of years. I run an outdoor gear review website. So, we branded it the "Project HMMWV Battlewagon" and have used it as a platform to review lots of upgrades, DIY projects, maint, etc. As our mobile field office. For hunting and hauling gear for my son's Scout troop. The Battlewagon also gets a lot of use as the marketing vehicle that we take to events, shows, brand visits, etc. I've got an M1102 trailer for hauling stuff. Thinking of outfitting it as an Overland/Expedition trailer, but haven't had time yet.

Just bought an M1045A2 via auction and am waiting on the paperwork so I can go retrieve it from the USMC. It looks like shit, as it has been sitting out in the Georgia humidity for years. But some Simple Green and a pressure washer will make it looks like damned near a new truck.
I liked your car =)

181 - 197 of 197 Posts