Pirate 4x4 banner

701 - 720 of 1268 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Scott Pitcher, Kaysville UT. I have been on Ih8mud for a while and I thought I would see what is going on over here at Pirate4X4. I have a 79 FJ40 which is in the process of being restored. I have had 40's, a, 60, 62, and an 80. I am also working on a 55 right now that will be a company vehicle. I own a buisness with two other people, the buisness is called Portal_tek, which is a portal axle manufacturing company. I hope this is enough information, if anyone want more info, or has question, let me know.

Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
My name is Anthony. I am 35, father of 2 and husband of 1. I just purchased a 1974 FJ40 from a local guy, Geroge Robertson.

The rig is fully outfitted for the Rubicon as Geroge guided a few tours in this truck.

Anyway, I am anxious to get on the trails and will attend the Rubithon.

See ya

AC

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey. I'm Kyle. 30yr old toolsetter with beautiful wife and two boys, 6+10. Live in the Niagara region of Ontario, Canada.

I own a few sets of wheels but the only important ones here are the trucks.

Here is my 1982 Toyota BJ42 LandCruiser with an older B diesel, newer H55F, 3speed split T/C, factory 24volt, 33x12.50's on 15x10 black NASCAR style wheels, trimmed rear fenders and custom front bumper.

And here is my 1989 GMC Jimmy SLX with 350TBI, SM465, factory 10bolts, 33x12.50's on factory steel, Flowmaster 40 deltaflow w/ custom bent 3" pipe and no extras. Ex-government vehicle with 171,000kms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
newbie check in

:rasta: hey i have a 84 fj60 pretty stock had her for about 3 months first cruiser hooked and lookin to get a ome lift bfg mt 31 front and rear bumpers and sliders im in texas

·
Registered
13 Posts
newby from washington

Hi my name is Tyson and I have a 72 FJ40. Pretty bone stock except for the Chev V8 and ultra low R&P but I am getting ready to do some more mods on it. My plans are a 4" or better suspension lift, custom roll bar. Upgrade the transfer case from out of an FJ60, brakes & e-brake. Stuff 35's under me and change out to my R&P to a 4.56. Also finish on the body work by removing the rest of the rust :mad3: and welding on some fresh skin.

·
Premium Member
5,281 Posts
Hi, I'm Brian. Surfed the board for a while and figure I'll start posting if I can keep up :) . This is my 67 FJ40. It's got a chevy 305 TBI, TH350, NP205 combo. 76 FJ front axle has LockRight and rear axle is Dana 44 LincolnLocked. I named it "Last Minute" because a friend and I decided to get it trailworthy a week before a club trip and we stayed up for 3 days straight working on it before the trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Hey, This feels like the first day of school or something…

I’m Shannon
My Blue 73 Fj40 and I live in Folsom Ca. It’s all Stock except for the 33x12.5 tires. Finally the time of the Iron Pig has arrived, lets get wrenchin’! Not sure the order of this overhaul yet, Got a group of friends willing to help (and this time we know what we’re doing!.. I think!) Anyway the cruiser sat in a field for 13 years before I found it and resurrected it, 6 hours later we were running! Now It’s gonna be a 350 swap… think I’m gonna go automatic over the three speed.. I might be able to drive on the freeway (wow!)
But first thing are disc breaks! Before I kill someone. As most cruiser owners know with the drums all the way round.. It’s like driving an avalanche!
Thanks for reading! Have fun!
:bounce:

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK, so I guess I'm a newbe

Hi all....
My name is Dave West
I have two Cruisers, lets just say I have One Cruiser and one,Well...Project
(that I have not even started yet) I'm 41 years old and have been wheeling
since I was 17. I have had several Land Cruisers (7) some built, some sold,
one stolen. Including (which I miss dearly) my 76 Pig. :( My current Cruiser is a 75' 40 It Has a small block 350, H55 trans, split case(with 3:1) gears, rear 60 series Full floating axle with a Detroit locker and stock front end (converted to disc/vented)with an ARB, both with 4:88's. soa, Power steering, on board air, and a Hot shower. It also has a rear conferr gas tank (22 gal). Just in case... I have a M 12,000 lb winch. Inside theres not much to write home about...I installed some Supra seats, and a full roll cage. And a Tuffy box for my tune's

As for were I've been... Since I live in Southern California, Most of My wheeling is there. I grew up wheeling in Big Bear, took many trips to TDS
(Truck haven hills) I've been to Mikes sky Ranch in Baja, also San Felipe.
Los cyotes Indian Res, and Calico Ghost Town. I have also been able to
see, The Dusy Ershim Trail, Swamp Lake trail, and most of the trails around
Shaver Lake. Then theres the Rubicon, and Barret Lake, both Really cool Trails
However...There is nothing like Moab! Nothing beats coming down Moab Rim
in the DARK!
anyways... enough about me.
Hope to meet you on the Trail
Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm Bryan, from Eastern NC. I currently own two nissan pathfinders. An '88 and a '90. The '90 is my dd. It's on 33's with 3" sl and 3" bl.

This thread is so long no one is ever going to read this post, so who cares?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, Newbie from Jacksonville Alabama. I currently have 2 fj40's. 1977 & '78. I've been reading posts here for some time now & gotten alot of usefull info. I'm getting ready to do some changes to my '78 & will have a few questions for you guys. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Matt here in northern AZ. I have a 74FJ40 mostly stock, 2" lift, 34"LTB's, stock F with 4 sp. Got started with IH8MUD and found this site. Would posts a pic of my ride, not sure how.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Tony. I live in North Pole Alaska. Yes there is such a place. It is outside of Faribanks. I have A 71 FJ40 with a 350 in it. &* drive train under it. Shackle reversal. I have a spare tub that I am in the process of blasting and also a rolling chassi. It is a daily driver. After I get the tub and frame done I will be putting all the usable stuff together to make one good one. My tub on the daily triver is shot and the frame is bent.

·
Registered
158 Posts
my names Jason, I live in Fresno,Ca. I have a 76 FJ40 w/ a sbc,sm465. I got it from a buddy last may. sense then I've done an soa, welded the rear and currently running 36" iroks. I just picked up a beat up fj55 from reddog. I am a member of 4x4him,a club out of oakhurst

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't own a cruiser(yet), but have been trying to talk myself into one for years. I have owned a 97 tacoma std cab and currently own a 04 xtra cab TRD. I've been looking for a FJ40 since before i bought my 97. I've passed on a 74 FJ40 a few years ago, and just looked at a 72 the other day(too beat for what he wanted for it). I have worked as a mechanic most of my life, with the last few years at a lexus dealer. Recently i got a job in a toyota parts department and am finding myself getting bit again by the land cruiser bug. I've been lurking for years, but finally decided that getting more involved and posting might just put me over the edge and finally let me pull the trigger on a FJ40 of my own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy,
I've been lurking on this site for a few months and decided that I ought to become official. I have a 67 fj40 which I began building during my sophmore year of undergrad. I am currently finishing up medical school down in AZ and have just started a major facelift on my 40, making it far more road worthy and a daily driver. Like most of you, working on my crusier is my mental release, I enjoy spinning a wrench and working with tools (probably a good thing since I am training in orthopaedic surgery). Currently I run 33" BFG MTR with 2" skyjacker lift, carborated small block, and some other doodads such as a line lock and a m8000 winch. The new modifications include full cage, bucket seats, tuffy console, remodeled dash, rebuilt disc axles out of an 81 fj40 (with a powertrax and disc conversion in the rear), power brakes, power steering, new tierod ends, new window and door molding, rear sill replacement, and perhaps paint.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Hey all

My name is Brent, I have a 1977 FJ40. It's mostly stock, 70K miles, I'm the 3rd regestered owner. Only mods it has so far is an Old Man Emu 4" SPUA lift with 33" BFG MTR's. Plan on a total body restoration and then a SPOA, Chev 350 TPI, and running 35" somethings on it. Prolly a rear locker. I don't really plan on wheeling it that much. Thats what the Samurai is for.
Would love to hook up with other Cruzer heads in Indiana and shoot the sh!t if there are any.
PM me and let me know...later!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
I am a long admirer of the FJ40 and I finally own one. Its a POC '69. But its mine. I just finished the saginaw conversion. Its got 33's some type of lift and the inside is gutted. I am curently ripping out all the wiring. I hope to be operational by the summer. However, up to this point in my life the most complicated thing i have tackled on a car is changing the oil. wheres the best place to ask dumb questions? no matter what my 1st grade teacher said there are such things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NO newbie to Land Cruisers

Yo from Whitefish, Montana.
Including all family's cruisers have about 5 setting around from my first rig a 69 FJ40 to a 95 FZJ80. In Montana need a rig that can go any where any time. Right now am trying to sell my sister's 85 FJ60. Good solid rig can email more info and pictures to anyone interested. [email protected]
Some day I will own me a BJ or HJ cruiser. Also am a snowmobile nut, have about 50 to 75 of those kick around. Cheers to all the Cruiserheads out there

·
Registered
22 Posts

Hi my name is Josh. I live in Mena AR. I have a 70 fj40 with a 4" lift, 33 BFG's and a rear locker, also have a 78 fj40 going to do a v-8 swap and soa on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My name is Josh. I had to sell my 66 FJ40 5 years ago just after finshing a mild restoration on it. Transplanted a 76' 2F motor, 4 wheel disk brakes, new aluminum tub, and much more. Very sad day but it had to be done.

Yesterday I picked up a 88 FJ62 from my Girlfriends Great Aunt. She bought it new in 88 for the purpose to travel across counrty. Rhode Island to Seattle, up through Canada and back again. She is now in her 70's and felt she no longer needed the FJ. Knowing my g/f and I have hit a patch of bad luck health and money wise, she sold it to us for $1000.

While were were picking it up we got to see the pictures of the trip and hear all the stories, then they asked us if we were going to change it's name. They named it The White Knight, we did not hear the sotry but I think the two ladies who took the trip saw this vehicle as their protector while on the road. So we decided to keep it. It appears there is a Comp Buggy with the same name so I hope we don't step on any toes, but I just could nto change the name.

I have no plans to wheel the rig. I hope to use it for camping and traveling to and from folk festivals. Maybe a lift to give it a taller stance, and I want to get what little body work needs to be done so it remains in good shape, but nothign drastic.

So I introduce The White Knight:

Thanks for listening,

Josh

701 - 720 of 1268 Posts