Pirate 4x4 banner

2101 - 2120 of 2646 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I finally pulled the trigger on you pirate. Thought I would check in as a newb.

I've got a 94 pickup I bought in 08. Slowly building it up so far I've rebuilt it's 22re with a LC ported head and heavy duty valve springs, rv cam, high comp bottom end, lc header w/ 2 1/4" magnaflow, BJ lift, 33" Toyo MT, f/r yukon 488's with rear grizzly locker, custom front plate bumper with 4" PIAA lights and Warn m8000s, custom tube rear bumper, custom sliders, dual optimas, ect ect

·
Registered
10 Posts
Newb here.

Just about to start rebuilding my truck. It needs alot of work.

85 excab pickup, chevies, 30 spline longs and highsteer.

The tranny needs rebuilt, so I am planning duals and drivelines also.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, not exactly NEW. Been on for a few years. Thanx for the recurring B-day wishes! But interested in figuring out how to advertise some propane conversion equipment. OHG-450 Mixer and Vaporizer + some hoses. What to do? TNX

·
Registered
454 Posts
Noob to the yota world. Sold my k5 on rockwells and 44s.

Bought a bobbed 85 4runner, 33s, 4.88s, detroit in the rear, hi steer. He said he was on here too. 22re, standard, stock tcase

·
Registered
10 Posts
jumping ship

Picked up a 89 stock 2 wheel drive argument...37 day build 39.5 roks duel geared cases chevy leafs 44 up front w 5.13. 9"rear 5.14z locked via arb...power steering and a 4 speed tranny.bobed and pinched bedsides full cage and some rock rash.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Newb been wheeling for a couple of years.

85 ext cab, 22re performance rebuilt 22re, 5.29's detroit rear truetrac front, 37" trxus mtr's, dual stock cases, long slip drive line, cv rear, rock assault rear housing, six shooters with arb knuckle studs, longs, 63 chevy rear, tg front springs, bunch of other dumb stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb to Pirate4x4, Been wheeling toyota's for 15 years. Been reading posts on this site for a while thought I would join. Hopefully share some info. It's a great site!

84 4runner SR5, 22R, 5.29 Gears, Spooled in rear, locker in front, 63" Chevy's in rear with buggy leafs, Toyota rear springs in front moved forward 3". Dual cases 4.7 kit in rear case. Hi steer kit, F250 Shock towers in front 36" Procomp shocks, triangulated rear shocks with 32" rancho's. Weber carb with modified float chamber so can run vertical. Trail gear front bumper and rock sliders, 12k lb badlands winch with amsteel blue synthetic line. Custom made front hanger and beadlocks. U Bolt flip kit, Rear fender wells have been cut out. And some beat 35" boggers getting replaced soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sup folks, newb to wheelin only been about a handful times and had a blast each time.

i have an 87 4runner 22re, automagic, custom TJM winch bumer, custom rocksliders, custom tire swing with dual gas can holder, 4.88 gears, aussie locker in rear, sway away torsion bars, 32" bfg at's, bilstein hd's all around, 3.5" rear lift shackles, KTT softtop (not installed yet)...probably missing a couple other things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to pirate

Well new to working on 4x4s but 20 year mechanic on cars always steered away from them til lately. Current vehicle is a 92 toyota pu 22re and 31s 261c cam and head from engine builder are only mods so far but I'm hooked more mods to come :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
newb

Hey everyone,
I'm a newb to pirate but not to wheeling... been checking out the site for a few years but haven't posted much just reading and researching! Just figured id share my rig ... hoping to learn a bunch of stuff along the way !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been wheeling for about 15 years (CJ before I converted and got an 89 std cab yota). Nothing too hardcore, but the plague is spreading.

Got an 85 runner in the garage with the motor in pieces while I try to figure out how to rebuild it. Also have a stock 2000 runner DD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
G'day from down under

Hello, I am buckets from Albany Western Australia. Just checking in and saying hello. Toyota man all the way, got a 89 hilux trayback, just got rid of my 92 diesel surf and I'm picking up my new toy on the weekend a 88 2 door surf which is getting a supercharged stroked 4.2litre v6 put in. I'm a mechanic which is handy so I'm always modifying something. Anyway, take it easy and bong on!

·
Registered
250 Posts
SheetMetalSlug

I hail from the nether-regions of the unibody world (aka reno nv) and ended up selling my shit boxes one by one. after a year I wanted to go slow again so bought my buddys 86 runner. been creepin here for awhile and in the middle of a sas so figured id :stirthepot:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb here

First time pirate user here. I work on my own vehicles and have been 4wheeling alot as a kid, but my own first real off-roader, first toyota, bought it not knowing what i was getting, half ripped apart blow t-chain. Bought a new chain kit from engnblder. then came fuel tank(1/2'' thick blacknasty sludge at bottom of tank from sitting for who knows how long) and pump, then a waterpump, and she runs great, had a few minor problems from sitting for so long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Checking in!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=678777972141529&set=pcb.678778228808170&type=1&theater

Not a "newb" to hardcore wheeling by any means, but just signed up for this...

I'm runnin an '85 yota truggy/buggy (pickup turned into a 4 seated rig)

Trail gear high steer
Long-field 30 spline axle shafts up front
Long-field 30 spline hub flanges w/ chromo dowl pins
5 speed with dual cases w/ a 4:7 kit in the rear case
Stock 4.10 gears welded front and rear
Cut 38" tsl's on homemade beadlocks (not a bought kit)
4 link rear suspension with jeep coils and bilsteen shocks on all 4 corners
The entire rear end has been cut off and caged out with a jeep seat
Hydro assist steering
Rock lights
Exo cage.... Etc (I think ya get the point)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Been on here for a couple years never introduced myself... Im Joe I've been wheeling toyotas for years I am currently building an 86 4 runner
built 22re 94mm pistons
dual cases w/ inchworm clocked adapter marlin 4.7s
4" springs ,63" chevys
raised motor mounts
5;29s detroit lockers
flatbelly skid and on and on.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Newb

I am going to introduce my self. I have been on here for several yrs. I generally just read not post, but I am going to build a Toyota buggy and I think I will be posting soon.

Currently I have a 1983 Toyota tuck, rancho's in the front, dbl cases, 38's, diy beadlocks, inside cage, 6 shooters, rear disconnect, etc. I ride it almost every weekend. I am located in middle tn, I ride private land majority of the time, along with Golden Mt., Windrock, pickett state park.

I have been building and riding since the mid 90's, I have built several toy's along with a dodge Durango on rockwells, a gmc jimmy on rockwells. I really enjoy the toys better than anything, Toyota's are just fun to work on.

2101 - 2120 of 2646 Posts