Pirate 4x4 banner

2621 - 2640 of 2644 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been a member for a little while but don't have many posts. I can't even post and pics yet. (Anyone know how many posts we need? I can't find the info anywhere) I have a 94 4Runner with 5.29 gears, detroit lockers, 35x12 on 16" rims, ProComp 4" lift, welded rock sliders, stinger bumper, and winch. I'm on the stock 3.0L with about 266K on it, one rebuild, a head gasket replacement after that, and looking to put in a 2JZ sometime soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Toyota Guy

1986 Pick Up, Short bed with 1' removed off back for better departure angle, double Xfer Cases, Chevy 1 ton front axle with hydraulic steering and locker/5.13 gear, still also have the power steering box (feeding the ram), Dana 60 rear with 5.13 Gears and locker, Hummer wheels, and 37" BFG tires, Custom built roll cage, under cage and front bumper (working on more exoskeleton for protection), 1996 Tacoma 2.7 L FI 4 cyl/complete dash and harness. Sorry as a newbie can't post a picture or give a link, maybe later. Cheers!:beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Checking in.

Been a member for quite a while, but never posted due to the shameful fact that my wheeler was an ifs 95 S10 Blazer. Got it sold, and picked up an 85 4runner this past weekend.

Got a few things to fix here and there, and hopefully can start giving marlin a bunch of money in the near future!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Newb here. I guess. To Toyota crawlers anyway. Not to crawlers and definitely not to building custom vehicles. I guess I'll add pics when I have enough posts. This makes for boring content if newbs can't post their rides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newb check-in!
1984 DLX 4X4. Very first vehicle I've ever owned since High School 86'. Lots of ever changing modifications and many stories through the years. This is how it sits today but will probably change again someday.

MOTOR & TRANS:
TOYOTA - 2.4L 22R
CAMDEN - SUPERCHARGER
CAMDEN - INTAKE MANIFOLD
HOLLEY - SNIPER EFI 2300 CARBURETOR
EARL'S FUEL CONNECTIONS
MSD FUEL PUMP
DOWNEY - MID RANGE CAM
DOWNEY - SMALL TUBE HEADER
LCE - PRO DISTRIBUTOR
FAST - E6CD IGNITOR
FAST - E92 COIL
FLEX-A-LITE - 238 FAN
RON DAVIS - DUAL FLOW ALUMINUM RADIATOR
MARLIN CRAWLER - HEAVY DUTY G52 TRANS w/ SHORT THROW SHIFTER
MAGNAFLOW 2.5" EXHAUST

SUSPENSION:
6" LIFT W/ SPRINGS AND SHACKLES
RANCHO RS9000XL ADJ SHOCKS
5.29 RING & PINION GEARS
SPARTAN LOCKER IN REAR & LIMITED SLIP IN FRONT
37" COOPER SST PRO TIRES w/ 17" WHEELS

Go here for pics and stories :) (cut & paste)
holley.com/garage/view/817-1984-toyota-pickup/

·
Registered
9 Posts
New to Toyotas

Just got an 83. Been into Jeeps for a while now but bought a pickup on 40s already ready to wheel (Yeah sure). After chasing down a charging system issue I just went 1 wire. Messing with the factory garbage was taking to long.
Just finished putting on hi-steer and a hydraulic assist tonight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to Pirate 4x4

Hey everybody, I've been lurking here for a couple years, but haven't posted anything since 2012. I daily a 1990 3.slow and constantly wrench on my 83 4x4 pickup. Its currently in pieces getting gears and suspension parts are piling up fast, as well as an Om617. I'm originally from Cali (209 and proud!) currently in the Idaho panhandle. Always looking for folks to go wheeling with, trade parts with, drink with, you get the idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
High from Quebec Canada !

Just regist after almost 10 years visiting Pirate4x4 ...
I run a 83 long bed pickup called '' La Bête '' ! ( the Beast in french )
Yes i'm french Canadian , hope you excuse my writing .
My girlfriend and i are planing on visiting the US with the rig for 2020 .
Rubicon , Moab and Sand Hollow are on or plans .
So... time for som upgrade beafor the trip !

I would like to thank eavry one heare on Pirate ! Without you all , my rig would never be '' La Bête '' ! :grinpimp:

Fred

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newb Check-in

Howdy! I'm the second proud owner of a 94' 4Runner (2018). The darn 3VZ-E is still running strong at 280k miles! I've done some minor tweaking and vehicle repairs as a young sap. I bought the runner as a learning project as I prepare her for some offroad adventures. This forum has certainly been a great resource! I appreciate this community, I'm glad to support, and I hope to contribute some knowledge nuggets : ) Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. Merry Christmas! Anyway, been using PBB as a reference for a while now and must thank you all. I have a 1993 Toyota 4Runner with the 3.0 and automatic trans. It is is pretty much stock except for Tru Tracs and manual hubs but has, what I believe is, a rod knock and I am going to tackle a motor swap here in the next month or two. Take care.

·
Registered
1 Posts
86 4Runner

i have an 86 4runner 22re AUTO. put the JD Fab long travel kit w kings, stock bumps and steering. Also got giant motorsports LT kit- halfway installed. Things a POS right now new problems everyweek. Last week it was battery cables now its... something. suddenly started hesitating and a few minutes later it wouldnt even idle. so looking for some help but got dreams of an engine swap. want it to be a prerunner fight me. not looking for too much power maybe a 3rz- dont want to replace axles every trip. Point me in the right direction!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb From Oregon

New here, but not really. I have an old account somewhere linked to a collage email from 10+ years ago that I no longer have access to.

Jut here from some information, advise, and possible parts for sale.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
#2 here. Not new to wheeling, long time lurker on PBB. Wanted something new so I switched from Jeeps to a clapped out 2nd gen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all!
Been lurking recently, now I got my membership. No stars for me, though. :p

I'll be round...no, wait, that's my gut...I'll be AROUND. Yeah that's it! :flipoff2::flipoff2:
Have fun abusing me. I won't but you all seem to, so...:laughing:
Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to Forum

Hello all,

I'm an avid wheeler and have been for some time. I've been a member on planetisuzoo for awhile. Love my Isuzus and Toyotas (DD is 02 4Runner). Now I'm looking to meld the two. Recently began an SAS with my Rodeo using a Toyota straight axle (81-82 truck) and came to here for clarification on some things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
new from washington state

Hello Everyone.

I've lurked on this forum on and off over the years, but I was never doing anything exciting enough to give input that wasn't already known or to have questions that couldn't be answered by the first page from google.
Anyway
I have a 1986 4runner that I just finished up a 1UZ swap on. Its mated to a five speed from an early tacoma and has gear driven dual cases. Solid axle swap, normal wheeler/daily build - nothing too exciting other than the 1uz. I'm not new to offroading in general, but have fairly little experience with more extreme wheeling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey all! Finally getting around to posting here to the BB after years of lurking and no real build.

I now have an 86 4Runner in pretty rough shape that will get the normal start towards crawler. SAS, duals, leafs. Once its together I will wheel it and start picking up parts for upgrading.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been on the forum for years lurking just never had anything to post about till now that I have a 85 xtra cab pickup that I have done a 1uz swap and am in the process of finishing.
-Matt

2621 - 2640 of 2644 Posts