Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 2645 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
just joined...from mid-michigan...rig:86 4runner,all-pro sas,toy-d60 hybrid w/detroit.spool,5.29's,35 rockers,cbi bumpers/sliders,22re stock lower,lce upper end

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. Great site. Thanks for all the tips. I have been wheelin on and off for 20 years. I just found an 85 4Runner for cheap - all stock. Previous owner threw in a set of 4", give or take, Alcan rear springs. Very little rust for the Northeast. Will slowly add parts from my 90 pickup - rear axle with locker, second transfer case, window cranks :) etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, names Tom. Total newbie to the world of 4x4, in fact I only have had 1 weekend of tinkering on my '86 4Runner and havn't been able to even take it out through anything besides some slight mud. Hopefully soon I'll be able to talk some tech with you guys and sound somewhat knowledgable :smokin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am new to both i guess. I am a 17 year old high school student on a seriuos budget. I have a toy 91 pick-up xtra cab. it has a re-built 22re, 6" suspension lift, 35" mud terrains, and 5.29s front and rear. there really isnt any rocks around here in houston. my truck is a daily driver/mudder. I know one thing it is better at going throug the mud than one of my friends old blazer with 44" boggers on it lol. And i have an 87 samurai with a 5" homemade SPOA lift that was around 15$.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been registered here for a while, but before it was mainly for the classifieds section. Now, I figured I would start doing some other reading.

I drive/wheel a 1996 Tacoma. It is still IFS, but I am so close to having all the parts to do my SAS. I live in WA state, and I try to wheel as much as I can. I'm also on TTORA and WATTORA. For specs on my truck, and some wheeling pics, check out my site here... http://www.4tacxoma4.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
another new one here building a 91 runner. just found the board. pretty cool to read all the posts. any way 2nd toyota the rest have all been jeeps yea yea sorry , had to keep one.lol not to many built toyotas here in Idaho so if anyone from here reads this leave me a message .:cool2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
So im thinking about putting dana 60s under my yota, im ruinning 38.5 boggers and just put a eliminator (dana 44 axles) into the front end. the truck has never seen mud since the eliminator kit. A friend has been running the same set up and has been running the same set up and has been snapping axles. Ive heard that Bobby longs new berfields are much stronger. Is there truth to this? If so my eliminator 44 kit is for sale.

·
Registered
40 Posts
toyota dana 60s

I bought a pair of dana 60s for 800.00 and am thinking about putting them under my all pro springs, are they going to handle it? im running chevy 1 ton leaves cut in half and flipped upside down, and a four link in the rear, im wondering if i can just use what i have or will it brake?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello all, My name is John and I am a newb to the PBB. I have a 1984 4runner with a 4.3 chevy D60's front and rear and a crawler. I have been wheeling for about 10 years now. I use to live in Colorado and now I am in Mississippi.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I didn't see the check in till just now...

I've got a shitty Toyota that I got for $150.
It's an '84, with a '79 20R, with the '84 5-speed.

The 31s didn't fit at stock height in front with the 3.5" BS rims, so I trimmed up the front inner fenders and still hit.
In back I threw on some longer springs. I don't know what they're from, but know that they're 1/2 ton SOA, and about 8" longer than stock. I got em from a dumpster, and pulled 2 leaves. Axle wraps like a bitch.

My engine ticks, my tranny and t-case leak, and the other day I knocked the oil pan on a rock, so it leaks too.

My truck's a pile, and I'm a "newb", so you guys are gonna have to guide me through building this thing.

I want my Toy to play on rocks like a pro, and I'm poor.

You've all just read my life story.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, I'm just getting back into wheeling. I had an 88 ranger with a lift and I beat the crap out of it. I had a couple kids and am much wiser now. I bought an 85 4runner and put a modest 4" lift in it and 33" BFG AT's. I'm slowly building it up to a wicked machine. I replaced all the floorboard and frame rust and have rebuilt the axles. I have also built front and rear bumpers for it, all in my townhouse garage! I'd like to eventually run 35's and have it locked up in the front and rear. I plan on getting a soft top and possibly building a full exo. I've learned a hell of alot from this site already and I'll post pics up of the truck as I make progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I'm chad from the upper michigan member of Toy Mafia . A bunch of Toyota nuts. we do alot of snow wheeling. I don't know jack about rocks but I hope to learn some stuff. I am building a 90 2door Gen 2 4runner shaved fj60 front Welded shaved Taco rear welded . Gotta ditch the 3.0 cuz it sux 4.3 chev th350 trans cant afford the 3.4 taco at this time. and a dual Marlin setup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie to pirate and to the sport. I used to have a 99 tacoma 4x4 and now own a 1980 shortbed 4x4. I'm in the process of doing my first major project, swapping in a rebuilt T/C, rebuilt W56, and hybrid 22R, .040 over, DOA cam/springs/pistons/rings, 22R rocker arms, O/S valves, weber 32/36, thorley 4-2-1, et cetera... I've used all the major toyota boards to get to the point that I'm at right now (Engine/Trans/TranCase all in but not running yet:shaking: ). Anyway, thought I'd say hi, hopefully I can survive around here. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey there just signed up... decided to say Hi to everyone first. Got tons of questions for you guys, first one is in another thread... find me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!

My name is John. I have a black 2003 x-cab SR5 4x4, man.tran. 4 cyl. w/ 56k miles on engine and just picked it up 2 weeks ago.

I have some questions and just want to know more about my "taco".

·
Registered
15 Posts
New Here

I'm new to toyo's. I got a 83 short bed 4x4. Already built a suzuki sammy w/ 4" spoa. Will be searching for rears up front info, and flat bed ideas. By the way, the air on my truck works when you run a hot wire to the wire on the compressor, where is the original wire, or what color was it so I can track it down and test the dash switch.

future mods
3-4" lift
33x9.50's
original bed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, My name is Brian. I used to wheel all the time. Got tired of changing birf's. Decided to raise a family. I have two boys 13 &4 they wanna go wheeling. So I picked up a stock 93 runna. And are the mods that i've done so far.
Leafs on all 4 corners
60 front w/ 4340 and bobby's 300m joints, detroit 6.17,sky's hy steer arms.
70 rear w/ detroit, Disc's
14" bilsteins
Tg sliders
39.5 IROCS
3.slow and auto for now. Needs bigger Balls
Aliitle fender trimmin from me and alot of trimmin from the tires. Need new sawzall blades. 1st trip out last weekend to Barret. Kids are hooked.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello, my name is Nick. I've been lurking on here for a few years , and I finally decided to join up. I'm very familiar with PBB , I've got some good info and always a good laugh from this forum. Anyways , I'm not a newb to hardcore Toyota wheeling or building trail rigs.
I work in Huntsville , AL as a machinist building parts for the aerospace and defense industry , so needless to say , I'm always building something for my truck at work. I also work on Toyota's out of my shop at home for extra income.

I've owned several toyota 4x4's of about every generation at one time or another. My current rigs are: '89 SAS trail rig 22re,5spd,5.29's,37's,locked,doubler,exo cage,flat bed and all the other normal mods.
I've got an '83 that is in the process of a frame off restoration. First gen toys are by far my favorite , and I'm building this one just to have a nice one. It'll never see the dirt , but it's already got or gonna have: a really built 22R,5spd,5.29's, 35's,and a bunch of bling.
I've also got an '88 2wd with almost 300k that I drive to work. It looks like a pile of crap , but it just keeps on going.
Those are just the one that run. My back yard looks like a toyota junkyard , but hey , I live in Alabama so it's just normal. Besides, what else would you rather have junking up your land than a bunch of old toyota 4wd's.

41 - 60 of 2645 Posts