Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the search for heims so Im all square there but I can't seem to find the info about the threaded inserts. I have no lathe and really don't want to weld a nut to the end of the tube. Any body know of a weld in threaded insert that will fit a pipe with an inner diameter of 15/16. If there is something close I don't mind honing the pipe out.

This is for a traction bar so I figured a heim with about a 3/4" shank and a 5/8 or so hole would work but my main concern is attachment to the pipe. I still haven't made the shackle end so making that hole bigger or smaller would be simple.

thanks

arndog

·
Wish it was my job!
2,112 Posts
arndog said:
I did the search for heims so Im all square there but I can't seem to find the info about the threaded inserts. I have no lathe and really don't want to weld a nut to the end of the tube. Any body know of a weld in threaded insert that will fit a pipe with an inner diameter of 15/16. If there is something close I don't mind honing the pipe out.

This is for a traction bar so I figured a heim with about a 3/4" shank and a 5/8 or so hole would work but my main concern is attachment to the pipe. I still haven't made the shackle end so making that hole bigger or smaller would be simple.

thanks

arndog
www.crlcustoms.com

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I have one that was home made using a piece of tubing and a Tap

Thread the piece of tubing the weld it into the tube.
You get more thread contact and you can drill the main tube and plug weld the tubes together to make it a bit more secure.

Basicly I am just gonna use it as a reducer to make this 1 1/4 rod end fit into some larger tubing :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My problem was that hardly anybody had exactly what I needed. The biggest thing Coleman racing carries is for a 1" ID. Then some people carried the right sizes but never had them in stock. Went out and started looking at stuff I had in the tube pile. I use 1.25x.280 wall for steering arms. My links are gonna be 1.75x.25 wall. That just happens to be a perfect fit. I chopped up about 10 2" pieces of the 1.25 tubing and threaded it for 3/4-16. Now I'm just gonna pound them into the 1.75 and weld them in. Very simple and cheap.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
coleman racing has the best prices I've seen...I bought some a while back good service, the inserts are different than what spidertrax, and others sell though.

The ones on my rig now are from Spidertrax...good service there as well.
Its not always about price IMO.

HTH

MJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts