Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some of those weld on wedges for my 03 superduty D60 front so i can use a set of 70s radious armes on my 90F150 sas swap. Where do i get them?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I need some of those weld on wedges for my 03 superduty D60 front so i can use a set of 70s radious armes on my 90F150 sas swap. Where do i get them?

James Duff or Bronco Graveyard are the only 2 places that sell the wedges...

When you get them you will have to have them machined out to fit the larger axle diameter or make a spacer for the cups to match up...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So no one makes a wedge that fits the larger tube of the D60?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Is there even any room on the SD60 for wedges without doing some serious modifications on the housing itself? Or is it about the same spacewise as an '80+ 60?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there even any room on the SD60 for wedges without doing some serious modifications on the housing itself? Or is it about the same spacewise as an '80+ 60?
Actually now that ive thought about this im wondering myself if there is room. Im going to go have a looksie today. Ill try to get a pic and post it.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
You have to notch the wedge

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
If you're going to a d60...keeping ford radius arms (and esp swapping them in) is about ridiculous... that's why no one sells them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here is the picture. Im convinced there isnt enough room for the C wedges on that side. What do you think? Im not building a rock rig here but more of a street truck that will do some mud and mud comps in the BB Pro stock class. Ive got over 700 HP and just wanted a good sturdy front suspension system. 35s are about as big of a tire im runnin so i think the D44 would be fine but had these around.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
For what you're talking about (a trail/street/mud bogger) just hang a couple of spring hangers on your frame, mount some leaf springs, and just use the factory leaf spring pads. (IIRC, 03's SD's were using leaf springs, as thats where my SD60 came from, and it was leaf sprung)

I'm in the same boat right now, trying to figure out how to mount my SD D60 under the Screwball. I was looking at keeping the radius arms, but the short side tube is never going to work. There is nowhere near enough room between the chunk & the knuckle, even with cutting the chunk back a bit.

Right now, I'm scratching out ideas for a 3 link, a long arm, and a wishbone suspension. All three are going to get examined, compared and the best one used.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol i just realized that i never posted the picture so here it is.

·
Registered
299 Posts
just cut all the bullshit out and run leafs. tune it with a proper shackle angle and it should be fine for what you need.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So no one makes a wedge that fits the larger tube of the D60?
This doesn't help your situation, but for the record, the JBG and Duff's wedges fit for the radius of the 3-1/8" diameter D60 tube(1-9/16" radius). Its the overall legnth that is the problem. They are 5/8" too long if used with the stock radius arms and bushings. The radius of the wedges needs to be ground or machined out to make them shorter, but they do fit the tube just fine. If you use a spacer to spread the radius arm and cap(to avoid machining the wedges), you will need to modify the bolt holes in the lower spring cup to match. The only reason I mention this is if someone were to read this and think the fit on the tube contour was the only problem, they would be very disappointed to weld them on and find out the arms would not close up around them w/o a spacer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts